Chapter 1-10: The House of the Lucky Gander

A/N: Sorry I haven't written for this story in a while. I deal with major writer's block a lot of the time, especially if I only have one story to write for. Once I started writing for more of my ideas, I have been able to get into more of a writing mood. If you read this, thank you, and enjoy.

We got a call for distress from our uncle Gladstone, the luckiest duck in the world. He was even in the House of Lucky Fortune in Macaw, the luckiest casino in the luckiest city. Of course he was there. Uncle Scrooge got the call late last night.

He told us this morning that he wasn't sure if we should respond to it, but he wanted to take us on an adventure near Macaw today anyways, so a small detour wouldn't be too much of a problem. Another long plane ride meant that I could take a nap. At least I got to miss Uncle Scrooge's spiel this time. From what I remembered from this morning, he wanted us to hear some kind of rare cricket's song.

I suddenly wake up to the plane taking a nosedive and Uncle Donald screaming, "We're all going to die! I wasted my life!"

He held an arm over me to keep me in my seat as he strapped himself in with as many straps as possible with his other arm. The plane righted itself, landing in the ocean and lightly crashing into the dock. Uncle Donald smiles nervously as everyone stares at him. We all head out of the plane and onto steady land, Uncle Donald following us with a grimace on his face. He and Uncle Scrooge don't really like Uncle Gladstone that much. I love him, but not nearly as much as my brothers. They adore and idolize him.

As Launchpad hops out of the plane, Uncle Scrooge says, "We leave for the temple in an hour, Launchpad. I won't wait another fifty years to hear that cricket sing."

Launchpad replied, "Sure thing, Mr. McD. I was just going to swing over and visit an old girlfriend from these parts. See, she's had some problems with the local crime family, and -"

Uncle Scrooge interrupted him, "Yes, fine, whatever. One hour."

Launchpad walked away, muttering something to himself. We walk through the city, finally finding the casino Uncle Gladstone called from. He said he was staying in the suite on the top floor, so we used the elevator.

As we near the top, Louie starts freaking out, saying, "Why did I wear green? He always sees me in green."

I respond, "And you always wear green. I don't think he cares what color you're wearing."

Uncle Scrooge added, "Yeah. If Gladstone's so great, why did he call us for -"

Suddenly, the elevator door opens, Uncle Gladstone's voice cutting off Uncle Scrooge, "Help! No! Don't!"

We run toward his voice, entering a room where we see him getting a massage.

He continues, "...Stop until you get that last kink out, PeiPei."

Uncle Donald crosses his arms and groans, saying, "The worst."

As the massage ends, Gladstone gets up from the massage table, wrapping a hot towel around his neck.

He says, "Loose as a goose and ready to gander. Kids! Uncle Scrooge. D-Money. I was so relaxed I didn't hear you come in. PeiPei here is a miracle worker."

He gestures to the panda that gave him a massage, and we see him folding towels with a small smile on his face as he waves at us.

The kids wave back as Gladstone continues, "Anyway, welcome to Macaw. Help yourself to everything."

The other kids run around the room exploring, Uncle Donald and Uncle Scrooge stay near the entrance, and Gladstone pulls me into a small hug. I smile as I hug him back, then go exploring the room with the kids. Even though he's not my favorite uncle, I still love him.