chapter 7

Eli headed home after school. He was going to ask y/n about doing karate with him. This would be good for her too. She can learn how to defend herself too even though shes good at that at school but with there mum she freezes in fear.
" y/n you home?" Eli shouted as he entered the house.
Y/n came running downstairs happily. She hugged eli.
" was everything ok at school today" y/n asked after the events of yesterday.
" yeah they made an announcement about the video and that was embarrassing but apart from that it was good but I actually have something I want to ask you" eli said.
Y/n nodded. She hated when someone said " can I ask you something" or " can we talk". It made her worry.
The pair headed into the living room and sat beside each other on the sofa.
" so my new friend miguel goes to this new karate dojo called cobra kai and he said the sensei is looking for students and he invited me and demetri to go but demetri doesn't want to but I really do but I don't want to go by myself so please could you come with me" eli asked.
" you want to learn karate" y/n asked confused. Karate doesn't seem to be something eli would be interested in.
" yeah why not" he asked.
" well its fighting and I didn't think you liked fighting or violence after everything you've been through" she said referring to there mum.
Eli looked to the floor sadly. It's true he doesn't like violence but he's sick of everyone hurting him and y/n and getting away with it.
" I don't but I'm tired of being bullied by the kids at school and by my own mum and I'm sick of letting her hurt you. I'm done with just sitting there and taking it. I want to be brave enough to fight back and the karate might help with that and it might help you too. I know how scared you are of mum. So am I but if we knew how to defend ourselves maybe we won't be. So let's give this a try" eli said emotionally.
Y/n face softened. He's right defending themselves against mum sounds like a dream come true and maybe eli can get the respect he deserves if he stands up for himself at school. That's all y/n wants for eli is for him to be happy at school and at home.
" okay I'll come with you but I'm not sure about learning karate yet but I'll come and support you" she said.
Eli smiled and hugged her.
" thank you" he said thankfully.
" don't have to thank me. I'll always support you" she said with a smile on her face.
Eli returned the smile. Hes so happy he gets to do this and it makes it better he has y/n support.
" well I better tell miguel we'll be there tomorrow" he said excitedly getting his phone out.
Y/n laughed. It was nice to see eli be excited about something. He never really has anything to be excited about and she was excited to see eli do this. She just knows this is going to help him.