chapter 42

It was the morning after the party and y/n woke up feeling awful. She couldn't remember much. She remembered playing games with demetri and she remembers telling hawk to fuck off but other than that she remembers nothing. She doesn't remember telling demetri she wishes he was her brother not eli and she doesn't remember demetri roasting eli over the mic.
" hey how are you feeling" eli asked coming in with breakfast for her and coffee.
" shitty" she replied moodily.
" I'm not surprised. You were wasted" eli said with a light laugh.
Y/n sat up and took a sip of her coffee as eli sat on the edge of her bed. Y/n noticed he looked sad. He was still thinking about what y/n said and demetri but mainly y/n. Those words really hurt especially after everything hes done for her.
" are you okay" she asked concerned.
Eli knew she couldn't remember. So he was hoping it was just drunk words she didnt mean.
" yeah I'm fine. Just tired that's all but we need to get you school stuff for starting high school on Monday" eli said.
Y/n groaned. Yes she couldn't wait to start west valley high but she really couldn't be bothered going shopping right now. She felt awful.
" can we do it tomorrow? I really can't today" she begged.
Eli smiled and nodded.
" fine tomorrow. So get some rest okay" he said kissing her head. He looked back to say he loves her hoping she'll say it back because he really doesn't feel like she does anymore.
" I love you" he said sheepishly.
" I love you too" she said but it was hard to tell if she meant it or if she was just saying it to be nice. Eli was just overthinking though. She meant it.