Chapter 2

Dauen Pov:

When I awoke, I found out that a fluffy blanket had been draped over my body. I yawned and glanced over at my phone. 9:30 AM. I had 30 minutes till my first lecture. Standing up, I walked over to the kitchen intent on getting a fresh cup of coffee. That's when I remembered the man who I had saved last night.

Knocking lightly on my bedroom door, I called out,

"Seungcheol? Are you awake?"

There was no response. I opened the door slowly and frowned when I realized the room was empty. The bed had been neatly made and the curtains opened, allowing fresh sunlight to pour into the room. I frowned. Shrugging, I quickly made a quick search around the rest of the apartment only to find nothing. Seungcheol was gone. When I returned to the kitchen I noticed a sheet of paper on the counter. I picked it up and scanned over the note.

Dear Miss Lee,

Thank you for treating me and allowing me to stay at your home last night. I'm afraid that I had business to take care of and had to leave earlier this morning. You were not awake and looked cold so I grabbed a blanket from your room to cover you with. Do not worry we will see each other again.

Until then,

Choi Seungcheol.

I smiled. What a mysterious man.

1 Hour Later:

"You just brought him into your apartment?" Karina hissed as we ate outside in the university's courtyard.

"Yeah. He was injured. I couldn't just leave him there."

"Dauen! Haven't you considered the question why he was out there bleeding on the ground?"

"Uh. . . he was attacked?"

"Yeah! The attacker could have still been out there! What if that man himself was dangerous?" Karina continued.

"Well he could have killed me while I was asleep and he didn't kill me did he?" I retorted.

Karina rolled her eyes.

"Didn't you say he wrote you a note before he left?"

"Yeah." I answered by handing the girl the paper.

"Lee Dauen! Read this!"

I looked at where she was pointing.

"Do not worry we will see each other again?" I read aloud.

"That's creepy!" Karina shrieked.

"Oh come on, you're being paranoid Karina."

"That's not it-"

"Who's that?" I heard a girl shout from somewhere in the yard.

We both looked and quickly realized that a crowd had begun to gather around the street where a shiny black limousine had parked. From it a man with white hair stepped out. I immediately noticed his eyes which were in the shape of 10:10. The male scanned the crowd before whispering something to a male student in the crowd. The boy turned and my eyes widened when I saw him pointing to me.

"What the?" I stuttered.

I sat there frozen as the charismatic man approached me, stopping when he was about a foot away from where I was sitting.

"Miss Lee Dauen?" He asked.

I dumbly nodded.

"Who are you?" Karina spoke coldly, wrapping a protective arm around my shoulders.

"Hoshi. An assistant to Mr. Choi, of whom I believe Miss Lee is acquainted with."

"Seungcheol?" I exclaimed, eyes lighting up.

"Yes. He wishes to invite you over for tea."

"Now?" Karina hissed.

"Yes." Hoshi responded smoothly.

"Oh my, of course I'll go!" I exclaimed much to my friend's horror.

"Excellent. Now we should leave immediately. It's not best to keep Mr. Choi waiting."

I nodded and stood throwing my backpack over my shoulder.

"Dauen! Wait! Are you sure this is a good idea?" Karina called out.

"She'll be safe, do not worry." Hoshi replied.

I waved goodbye to my friend and followed Hoshi back into the limo, ignoring the stares and whispers of my peers. When we started driving I turned to the man beside me.

"So how is Seungcheol? Is he recovering well?"

Hoshi remained silent.

I sighed. Maybe the man wasn't as talkative as I had first thought. When the car stopped once again I glanced out of the window and my jaw dropped. We had stopped in front of a huge fucking mansion.

"Um Hoshi is this really where-"

"Miss Lee. Welcome to the Choi Estate."

I followed Hoshi inside marveling at the amount of wealth that was surrounding me.

"Miss Lee?" Hoshi called out bringing me out of my trance.

"Oh, yes?"

"Mr. Choi left you a gift inside this room. He would be very happy if you wore it. Please change inside here, I'll wait outside till you're finished."

I smiled and nodded before heading inside the room. When I entered, I immediately noticed a beautiful modernized hanbok on a mannequin nearby with shoes and a purse. I gasped in awe. It was beautiful. After changing, I made an attempt to fix my hair before exiting the room.

"Are you ready?" Hoshi asked when I appeared

"As ever." I replied.

"Excellent. Let us be on our way."

Soon we stopped by a set of grand double doors on the 3rd floor.

"This is Mr. Choi's office. I'll let him know you're here." Hoshi explained before ducking inside.

I gulped.

Moments later Hoshi reemerged with a slight smile tugging on his lips.

"He'll see you now."

I nodded and entered the office. There standing on the balcony was a familiar man, dressed in a dashing suit and tie.

"Seungcheol?" I whispered.

The male turned with bright eyes and a cheery smile.

"Dauen. Welcome."