Chapter 42

Dauen POV:

"Dammit." I groaned, closing the desk drawer.

After Joshua had advised me to search the mansion, I had spent the next 2 hours opening every drawer, closet, box, and folder only to find nothing incriminating. Trudging into the living room I glanced at the mantle over the fireplace. Hanging on the wall were countless plaques and awards, and pictures of my parents.

"Hi mom. Hi dad." I whispered, smiling sadly.

I sat down by the fireplace and glanced to my right.

"What the?"

I moved inside the fireplace and gasped as I saw what looked like a large keyhole in the back wall.

"Where's the key?" I muttered.

Looking at the keyhole again I realized that the shape was not of a traditional key. Instead it looked suspiciously like. . .

"Will this work?" I wondered aloud, inserting the fire poker into the indent.

Click. My eyes widened as suddenly the wall behind the fireplace slid open, revealing a hidden stairway downstairs. I crawled down and entered into what appeared to be a hidden lab. There were containers of powders everywhere, along with beakers, and liquids just sitting on tables around the room. I walked up to one of the stations and opened a folder. There I scanned what appeared to be a list of substances.

Record: #170.

Methamphetamines. 70 lbs.

Opium. 100 lbs

Cocaine. 150 lbs

Marijuana. 40 lbs.

Aphrodisiac. 210 lbs.

I gasped. These were all illegal substances. The next document seemed to be a diary entry.

Entry #170.

Today's sale was good. We sold everything and made over 100 Billion won. Honestly, it's hard to believe that I was just a poor herbalist 10 years ago. Look at me now, I'm one of the richest doctors in South Korea. I guess those herbology skills did help in the end. Of course I do stick to my role as a law abiding doctor during the day. At night I just do some side business to make a bit more cash. Besides, it is what the people want, right? Nearby mafia groups have been vying for my attention lately. It seems that my drug empire is rather tempting. I've looked at the candidates with Soyeon. She thinks that GOT7 will be a good choice to ally with. I agree, they seem to be the most compatible with me and my team. Tomorrow I'll sell more, and do it all over again. Taeyong over and out.

I felt tears run down my face. How could my parents call themselves friends of the people and healers, when they were fueling addictions at the same time? How could they?

"Why dad? Why mom?"

Joshua had been right. My parents had been drug dealers. The weight of the truth came crashing down on me like a huge tidal wave. I fell to my knees and collapsed to the ground. Darkness overtook my vision and soon I was out cold.