Chapter 35

Jeonghan POV:

It had been two years since I had begun dating Dauen. The Daegu gang had now merged with the Seoul gang and now all 14 of us lived at Dauen's mansion in Seoul. We had decided to call ourselves Seventeen, which represented our 14 members, 2 subunits, and 1 complete team. The two teams consisted of the old Seoul gang: Dauen, Hoshi, Jun, Minghao, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Vernon, and Karina. The second subunit was the former Daegu gang: Me, Joshua, Woozi, Seungkwan, Dokyeom and Chan. Team 1 was codenamed as Tiger, while my team was lovingly dubbed Horse due to Dauen thinking that Dokyeom resembled a horse.

Speaking of relationships, much to Minghao's horror it appeared that love was indeed in the air for Seventeen. Not long after Jun's confession to Karina, Wonwoo and Mingyu began to date each other, then Hoshi confessed to Woozi. To my surprise, Woozi had agreed to Hoshi's love offer which caused Seungkwan to comment,

"Damn. So you're not heartless after all?"

Woozi's response was,

"Shut the fuck up before I cut out your tongue!"

How nice.

I slowly ascended the stairs, heading towards Hoshi's office. When I reached his room, I knocked gently. Soon Hoshi called out,

"Yes?"

"Hoshi. It's me, Jeonghan. Can I come in?"

"Yeah. Come in."

I opened the door and saw Hoshi working, Woozi sitting nearby. I coughed.

"Um Woozi?"

The short man looked up.

"Oh. Hi Jeonghan. Go on ahead and say what you need to say. Just ignore me."

"Very well. If you insist" I swallowed.

Dammit. Why did Woozi have to make this harder?

"Okay. Um Hoshi, so since Dauen's parents are dead I thought you would be the next person to ask." I spoke slowly.

Hoshi frowned.

"It's been about 2.5 years since I met Dauen. I love her a lot and would love to spend the rest of my life with her as my mafia queen. Do I have your permission to marry her?" I finished.

The caporegime was silent.

"What. The. Hell?" Hoshi spoke through gritted teeth.

I sighed.

"Listen. I can treat her well-"

"Yes! Yes you may!"

I flinched as Hoshi leapt from his desk and wrapped me into a tight hug.

"Uh. . ."

"Oh my god, I wondered when you were gonna grow a pair and ask her!" Hoshi sobbed.

"Well I'm glad you're supportive." I smiled.

"So. Where's the ring? How are you going to propose? What time are you asking her?" The man rambled.

I swallowed.

"I actually don't know Dauen's ring size so I haven't gotten her the ring. And the location I'm not sure about that either."

Hoshi blinked.

"Excuse me?"

I sighed.

"You can't do some shitty proposal in some Mcdonalds you know? She's my baby girl!"

"I know that. I'm working on it!" I protested.

"Pardon me." Woozi suddenly spoke up.

Hoshi and I both turned towards the male in unison.

"Sorry for listening but I've come up with some plans to get you out of your jam. Karina's a female. Get her to figure out Dauen's ring size so it won't be as obvious. You could just send them both to some souvenir shop. As for proposal declarations, why don't you ask the ones who are married? Go to Vernon and Seungkwan. I'm sure Seungkwan will be more glad to help." Wozzi suggested.

"What about the location?" Hoshi asked.

Woozi showed us his computer screen.

"No problem. I've booked 14 1rst class tickets to Okinawa, Japan. That place is beautiful! Trust me. Unfortunately I was only there for an illegal drug deal but we don't need to talk about that."

I grinned.

"What would I do without you?"

Woozi shrugged.

"Completely fail everything you tried to do obviously." 

I chuckled. 

"That's why you're my planner right?" 

Woozi nodded. 

"I guess. Now shoo. I've got lots of work to do." 

I nodded and left the office.  Glancing out of the window, I saw Vernon, Seungkwan, Karina and Jun having a picnic. Perfect. I hurried outside and approached the couples. 

"Yo! Boss #2!" Seungkwan yelled as I neared. 

"Hi Seungkwan. Listen I need your help." 

"What kind of help?" Karina inquired. 

"Do you know how to make a romantic proposal?"