Chapter 40

Hoshi POV:

"Where the fuck are they?" Seungkwan yelled pacing impatiently around the yard.

"Deep breaths babe, she's just talking to Joshua." Vernon hummed leaning against the car door.

Joshua. I frowned. Ever since the wedding preparations had begun the male had begun to act strangely. He had been distant and self isolating, locking himself up in his and Jeonghan's shared room. Joshua had also been moody aggressive,  and not eating claiming that he felt ill or was too tired, neither of which I believed. Honestly the timing was just strange, right after Jeonghan and Dauen had gotten engaged he was being all negative? It was almost like Joshua was getting upset at his brother's happy life. I stood and headed towards the front door.

"Where are you going, Hoshi?" Wonwoo called after me.

"To check up on Dauen."

The bedroom door was closed when I arrived, so I knocked lightly on the door.

"Dauen? Joshua? Are you there?"

Silence. Sighing, I slowly pushed open the door. There was no one inside. The room looked to be in neat order save for a yellow folder that was lying on the floor. Picking it up, I looked inside and froze when I saw papers and pictures of Lee Taeyong and Jeon Soyeon. Dauen's parents. Continuing my search, I rifled through the drawers of every dresser and desk. In each one I found more files of the dead couple. It was almost like Joshua had been looking up about the two. But why?

I reached a bedside drawer that was locked and quickly shot the lock off. Opening it, I saw a black box. I opened it and froze. Inside was a clear bottle that held a bluish gray powder. Next to that was a note that read,

Dearest Master,

I have followed your instructions to the T and am pleased to report that the poisoning of Choi Seungcheol has been going along smoothly. The bastard has been consuming a bit of thallium powder for 6 weeks now so he'll be dead in another few days or so. There's been a civilian girl visiting Seungcheol, but I don't think she'll be much trouble. Lee Dauen or something like that? On another note, in the last letter you sent, you again told me how much pain that Jeonghan gives you. I remind you again that your time will come. I look forward to when you become head of the Yoon household. I hope that my loyal servitude will not be forgotten when you take over. I send you best wishes,

Your loyal servant,

Yoo Kihyun.

My eyes widened. Thallium? I glanced at the bottle in my hands. Sure enough there was a label plastered on the side that read, caution danger: thallium.

"Joshua you bastard. . ." I growled, feeling more and more angry.

Seungcheol had been right about one thing. The poisoner was from the Daegu gang. Not Jeonghan but Joshua. Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me.

"Hoshi. We have an emergency." Vernon spoke.

"I guessed so." I sighed.

"Yes, but the back door is open and the spare limo we had is gone. It looks like Joshua and the boss have run off."

"Wait. Joshua and Dauen?"

Vernon nodded.

"Fuck. We need to go after them now." I swallowed harshly.

"Why? Couldn't they be going on an impromptu shopping spree?"

I shook my head and revealed the bottle of thallium to the male.

"No. Because if I understand this correctly then Dauen's life may be in danger."