Chapter 21

Jeonghan Pov

"Jeonghan! Jeonghan! Yoon Jeonghan for fucks sake wake up!"

I blinked and slowly opened my eyes. I was on the ground, my expensive suit now torn and bloodied and in front of me the limousine on fire. My brother, Joshua was busy pulling out an unconscious Dauen out of the car. I struggled to my feet but immediately ducked when I heard the whizz of bullets whiz by me.

"Joshua? What's the status?" I called out.

"Jaehyun the motherfucker. Blew up our car and now he's trying to kill us for some reason." My brother replied.

I quickly crawled over to Dauen and held her with one arm while hurrying to remove my pistol from my jacket.

"Joshua, did you call for help?" I shouted.

"Yes! Hoshi should be here in 10 minutes!" Joshua answered, shooting Mark dead.

I grimaced and aimed for Jaehyun, but had to lie down when Johnny began to spray bullets all around with his machine gun.

"When did that bastard get a machine gun?" I yelled.

"Don't know!" My brother replied back.

"Hey Yoon Jeonghan! You liar!" Jaehyun suddenly roared across the street.

"What do you want, you dick?"

"I saw your hands. You're not engaged at all are you?"

I paused.

"What's it matter to you?"

"How about this? Whoever survives this fight gets to take the girl!" With that Jaehyun shot at me and I winced as the bullet nicked my cheek.

"Asshole." Joshua muttered, aiming at the male with his pistol.

Bang. Bang. Bang. I cursed as every single one of my sibling's shots missed.

"Ha idiot!" Johnny smirked, loading his machine gun.

Bang! My eyes widened as Johnny suddenly froze, a bullet lodged straight in the center of his skull before collapsing.

"Shit." Jaehyun muttered.

The male quickly stood and ran towards his ugly green car before speeding away. I heard footsteps behind me and to my relief saw Hoshi, Wonwoo, Jun, Vernon, and Mingyu running towards me.

"Miss Lee!" Jun cried out when he saw Dauen.

"Is she stable?" Wonwoo asked, quickly taking out his medical briefcase.

"Yes. A few burns but everything else should be fine." Joshua answered, still scanning the area for any hidden NCT members.

"Minghao. How's the roost going up there?" Hoshi called out to his walkie talkie.

"Clear. The only one still alive is Jaehyun. He drove off though. The coward." Minghao replied.

"That won't be a problem. Vernon. Blow him up." Hoshi sneered.

Vernon nodded and fiddled with something on his phone. Seconds later there was a loud explosion sound and I looked to my left and saw that Jaehyun's car had been obliterated.

"Rigged it up, huh?" I mused.

"Yep. Minghao you can come down now." Hoshi huffed.

"Can you stand?" The caporegime finally asked me.

I nodded.

"I can carry Miss Lee." Jun offered.

"No need, I'll do it." I volunteered.

We soon all staggered back to the rental car where a terrified Karina was waiting.

"Oh my god! Dauen! She's not dead is she?" The female sobbed when she saw her best friend.

"No. She's just unconscious." Wonwoo replied.

"Let's just go home." Minghao sighed.

"Agreed." Joshua added.

About 4 hours later, at the mansion, I watched as Wonwoo finished bandaging and applying salve to Dauen's burns and injuries. The doctor finally finished and nodded at me as he left. I slowly entered her bedroom and sat on her bed. Dauen's face was calm and at peace and I found myself smiling at how cute the young girl looked.

"What are you doing to me Lee Dauen?"