Chapter 10

Dauen Pov:

"Good morning, Miss Lee." I jumped at the sound of curtains being opened and looked to see Hoshi smiling down at me.

"Oh hi. Hoshi."

"Have you recovered from your seizure?"

My eyes widened.

"How did you know about them?"

"Vernon." Hoshi answered.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Right he's the hacker."

"Yep."

"Anyway, what are you here for?" I asked.

"Ah yes. I was here to tell you that you'll start your training today."

My jaw dropped. Surely I wasn't going to have to do shooting lessons again right? There was no way I was surviving another session.

"What kind of training?" I stammered.

"Well you have much to catch up on, since as a leader you have to be an all rounder. But we'll start with conditioning. Simple right?"

"Will I have to do push ups?"

"Most certainly!"

I groaned.

"Now let's start. I've set up today's session outside in the garden since I know you like being outside. Wonwoo will also be watching us to ensure you'll be safe in case you have another seizure episode." Hoshi grinned before pulling me out of bed.

I changed into clothes that the male set out for me which was surprisingly comfortable. 

Then I followed Hoshi out into the yard where Wonwoo was seated on a chair, with his leather briefcase near by him

Then I followed Hoshi out into the yard where Wonwoo was seated on a chair, with his leather briefcase near by him. Hoshi took off his jacket and I hid an audible gasp when I noticed his arms. They were fucking ripped. The guy really must have been working out on a daily basis.

(Yes this is him. I checked. Time for a heart attack I guess.) 

"Alright Miss Lee

"Alright Miss Lee. Let's start with something simple. 10 pushups. 20 jumping jacks. 10 squats. 20 mountain climbers. 10 cross knees. 20 high knees. 10 knee pull-ins. 20 leg lifts."

I made a disgruntled face. For a lazy ramen eating person like me the most exercise I had done was like carrying my textbooks around all day. Hoshi chuckled when he noticed my reluctance.

"Come on now. Chop chop! I'll do them with you."

I obliged and after 10 minutes I was exhausted. Hoshi on the other hand hadn't broken a sweat.

"Come on Miss Lee. We still got 9 more reps to go."

I let out a defeated groan.

"Do we have to?"

"Yes."

A tiring 40 minutes later, I sat down as Hoshi tossed me a towel and cold water bottle.

"Drink up Miss Lee."

"Call me Dauen." I sighed.

"Hmm? Alright then. Drink up Dauen."

I smiled. When the three of us returned inside I made a mad dash to the kitchen and opened the fridge to see. . . nothing but meat and eggs.

"What the heck? Where's the carbs?" I spluttered.

"Oh yeah. Wonwoo is changing your diet to the carnivore diet meal plan. It'll help you lose weight and gain muscle."

"What? You're kidding me!"

"Well on the positive side, you get to eat lots of ribeye steaks." Hoshi comforted, removing a slab of beef from the fridge.

"I don't want to be a mafia leader anymore. . ." I cried.

"Too bad Dauen. You better get used to it fast." Wonwoo spoke coldly.

I glared at the male. Wow. What a bitch. Two weeks later, I stared at my form in the mirror. I really had gotten leaner. In fact I had already lost 10 pounds in just 2 weeks and I had gained a good amount of muscle. Along with the daily workouts, Hoshi had added in other exercises such as 5 mile runs and weight training. I had gotten other lessons from some of the other members such as boxing from Jun and knife throwing from Mingyu.

Hoshi and I had learned that one thing that seemed to trigger my seizures was loud noises, so for gun training I had been gifted with a silenced pistol. Unfortunately for me, my trainer for this was none other than Minghao, who I had officially determined hated my guts. From day 1 the guy could not stop eye rolling at me, and throw insults such as,

"Wow you really are useless bitch aren't you?"

And,

"You are just hopeless. Go die already. God!"

Either way not everything was so bad. Hoshi and Wonwoo generally treated me well, and Jun liked to play around with me like I was his younger sibling and not his boss. During one training session that I was having with Hoshi outside, I looked up to see Vernon sprinting towards us at full speed. The male stopped right by us and handed a letter over to Hoshi.

"What's up Vernon? What's wrong?" Hoshi asked, worried.

"He's coming over. Arriving tomorrow." The man panted.

"Who?" I inquired.

"The leader of Daegu. Yoon Jeonghan."