Chapter 13

Dauen Pov:

"So you kidnapped my best friend because you overheard my conversation with Wonwoo where I told him I missed her?" I asked, grinning at the blushing male.

"Yeah. Yeah. It's not like I care or anything. If your mental state goes down, it'll be bad for the gang. That's why I dragged this loud ass girl over here." Minghao grumbled.

"Sorry, but I'm still confused over here. Why are you not reacting to the fact I got kidnapped, Dauen? Did something happen?" Karina commented.

So, I told her everything. Karina's eyes widened when I finished.

"Hold up. So you're a mafia leader now?" She squeaked.

"Yes she is." Minghao growled, covering his hand.

"You good Minghao?" I asked, walking over.

"Don't touch me." The male spat.

"Shut it, let me see. " I pressed, removing the man's hand.

My eyes widened when I saw a deep bite mark on his right palm.

"What the fuck?" I gasped.

"Tell that to your friend over there. The little bitch bit me when I was about to untie her."

I glared at Karina.

"What? I thought he was gonna assault me! Or worse!" the female defended.

"Fair. Fair."

I went over to a table which held a dial phone and called Wonwoo.

"Hello?" The male responded when he picked up.

"Hi. This is Dauen, could you come up to my room?"

"Yeah. Are you injured?"

"No. Minghao is."

There was silence.

"Really? That's surprising. The guy's usually untouchable. Be right there."

Then the call went dead. I returned to the duo on my bed, who were busy glaring at each other but stopped when I appeared.

"I'm fine you know Miss Lee." Minghao growled.

"It's just to be safe. A leader should take care of their teammates shouldn't they?" I replied, calmly.

"Wow. You've changed a lot in 2.5 weeks." Karina commented.

I blushed.

"In what way?" I asked.

"You're not that shy for starters, and you've become more bold and muscular. Kinda surprising that mafia life so far has been rather positive for you."

I shrugged. Just as Karina was about to speak, the door opened, revealing Wonwoo.

"Hello Dauen, I'm here– Who is this?" Wonwoo exclaimed, whipping out his gun and aiming towards Karina.

"Calm down Jeon. It's just someone I kidnapped." Minghao grumbled.

"And you brought them to our leader's bedroom?"

"Wonwoo. It's okay. This is Karina, my best friend from college. Karina, this is Wonwoo, the doctor."

Karina nodded, timidly. While Wonwoo remained emotionless.

"Anyway. Wonwoo, here's Minghao."

Wonwoo walked stiffly over and began to examine the Chinese's hand.