Chapter 39

Joshua POV:

"You've been expecting me?" Dauen stammered, eyes darting side to side nervously.

I nodded, and twirled a folder in my hands.

"You see Dauen, while you've been preparing to get married, I was feeling a bit sick as you know, so I had a bit of free time. And that free time led me to a very interesting discovery."

With that I offered the file to her. Dauen accepted it hesitantly.

"What's this?"

"Why don't you take a look?"

Dauen opened the folder and scanned over the documents inside.

"This is about my parents. Everything about them. Like their jobs, their likes, dislikes, habits. What the fuck? Why do you have this?" Dauen cried.

"I have another gift for you dear."

With that, I passed a voice recorder. Dauen pressed play and soon a male voice spoke.

"Alright everybody. We've got two new targets today. Lee Taeyong and Jeon Soyeon." Woozi's voice came through the speaker.

"Aren't they in charge of one of the top pharmaceutical businesses in Korea?" Chan spoke up next.

"Yeah. They're also medical geniuses. Why are we going after them? Aren't they like pretty good people?" Dokyeom piped up.

"Because, they make some pretty strong illegal drugs that are addictive for most people. Those two are filthy rich because of their illegal business, and a lot of mafia gangs want to have them join their side." I smiled as I heard myself talk.

"And why would we want some fucking medical nerds?" Seungkwan huffed.

"Simple. It's good income for any gang that Taeyong and Soyeon teams up with. And you can never have enough money." Woozi mused.

"Okay. . . so you still haven't answered my question. Why are we targeting them?" Dokyeom asked.

"Ah yes, sorry. Recently I went up there with Seungkwan and gave Taeyong an offer to join us. You can imagine my surprise when he rejected me, and revealed that he had already decided to ally with GOT7."

"GOT7? They're our enemy though!" Chan gasped.

"And that's exactly why we are having this emergency meeting."

"Dokyeom. I want you to give them a visit." My brother spoke.

"On it boss. What should I do when I get there?"

There was a slight pause.

"Kill them."

Dauen gasped and dropped the voice recorder.

"That voice. . . it's Jeonghan. What? How could this be?"

I watched as the girl collapsed onto the floor, hands entangled in her hair.

"Oh my god, he killed them. He ordered a hit on my parents!"

"And you're marrying him." I purred.

"I. . . you're right. Joshua! I can't marry him! Not when he's done that! What should I do?"

"Run away with me, Dauen."

Dauen's eyes narrowed.

"You're his brother though and you even proposed the idea of killing my parents. . ."

"Let me tell you something darling. I'm sure Hoshi has told you that a mafia gang is like a family, but that could be no further from the truth. A mafia leader has absolute power and they can do whatever the fuck they want, if a subordinate member disobeys or disagrees with them, the boss can have them banished, tortured, or killed. That's why no one dares to speak against Jeonghan. Even me. I may be his brother but it ultimately means nothing in the end. If you marry Jeonghan you may lose all control of your life. I'm giving you a chance to escape from that fate, so will you come with me?"

Dauen's gaze softened.

"Well?" I asked, extending my hand out.

"I'll come with you."

I bit back a smile.

"Good. Follow me out the back door."

"Where are we going?" Dauen inquired softly.

"Jeju Island."