Chapter 20

Dauen Pov:

"So is there something you want to tell me?" Karina asked, while styling my hair.

I blinked, confused.

"No? Why are you asking?"

"I thought you hated Jeonghan's guts? Why did you sleep on his shoulder a week ago?"

"Oh that? I was just tired. Nothing else." I replied dismissively.

Karina hummed in response, but I could tell she didn't believe me.

"There. All done."

I looked at the mirror and gasped in awe.

"Wow! I look stunning!" I breathed, gently patting the intricate hairstyle that Karina braided for me.

Hairstyle: 

Dress

Dress: 

"You always do. Ready for the ball?"

I shook my head. The very next day after the funeral, Hoshi had announced that there was a grand mafia ball being hosted by BTS in Busan. According to the caporegime, this was a big deal and it would be my official so-called debut. When I had asked what meant, Jun explained by saying,

1 week ago:

"Seungcheol's death was a shock to the mafia world. The only update we've given is that a mysterious Lee Dauen is now the leader. Hiding you away will make us look weak. You've had some time to assimilate to mafia life. The ball will be a perfect time to introduce you to the other gangs. Don't worry we'll be nearby to keep you safe." The male had said.

Right after that, I had found myself for the next week being thrown into manner classes, dancing classes, and dress shopping.

Dance With Hoshi:

"1 and a 2, that's it Miss Lee." Hoshi smiled as we glided along the ballroom.

"It's Dauen, Hoshi-AHHH!" I screamed loudly as my heel caught on one of the floor tiles and I fell face forward onto Hoshi, pushing the man onto the floor.