Chapter 19

Dauen Pov:

"We're here." Hoshi announced as he drove up to the cemetery.

I swallowed hard and stared out the window at the small crowd gathered around two coffins. Lee Taeyong. Jeon Soyeon. My mother and father. Now dead. The door opened and I accepted Mingyu's hand as I disembarked wearing an elegant black dress that Karina had chosen.

	After I had left, Wonwoo helped Karina down while Joshua and Jeonghan followed suit

After I had left, Wonwoo helped Karina down while Joshua and Jeonghan followed suit. That's right. For some reason the two had decided to tag along, much to my discomfort. Adding to that was Jeonghan's behavior. I would consistently see him pacing, looking a bit nervous at every mention of my parent's names.

"Wonder what's got him so antsy." Karina muttered, while staring at the blonde male.

"Dauen!" A woman cried out running towards me.

I gasped.

"Joy!"

"I'm so sorry about your loss." Joy whispered, hugging me.

"Thanks. You too."

"The funeral is about to start, we should probably get going."

I nodded and gestured for Jun and Karina to follow me while the other gang members scattered. I held my friend's hand tightly as the ceremony began.

"We are all here to honor the death of Mr. Lee Taeyong and Jeon Soyeon. The two were a kind and gracious couple growing medicinal herbs, which have saved countless lives across Korea. May their souls rest from this sudden death." The priest spoke with a gentle tone.

I sniffled and wiped a tear trickling down my face.

"Here." A voice spoke behind me.

I turned and saw Jeonghan offering a handkerchief to me with compassionate eyes. I sighed. I didn't trust the man, but for now I didn't have the energy to fight back.

"Thanks." I smiled sadly.

Jun squeezed my shoulder as I began to sob quietly while Karina held my hand tightly. Why had my parents died so suddenly? Why? Just why?

"And now could we have Miss Lee Dauen make a few remarks?" The priest called out, catching my attention.

I quickly went to the center and accepted the microphone.

"Hi everyone. I'm Lee Daeun, the only daughter of Taeyong and Soyeon." I stammered before my eyes landed on Jeonghan.

The male was smiling softly and gave a small thumbs up when I met his gaze. I read his lips that were moving and realized that he was mouthing the word, "Fighting!" I swallowed hard and continued speaking,

"I didn't think that my parents had enemies that would trigger this. They were both hard working, sweet, and generous, while growing medicinal herbs that they would send to hospitals and pharmacies. They raised me to help people, and that is what inspired me to go to Seoul and become a doctor in the first place. It really is heartbreaking for me to learn that the people who supported others, including myself, have had their lives abruptly snuffed out. I can only pray that their souls are at peace, and that the killer is caught and brought to justice. Rest in peace, mom and dad. Thank you."