Growing our family

"She's beautiful" Tom said as he held our newly born daughter in his arms.

Athena Riddle

Leo was asleep on the couch with a blanket over him while Tom stood besides my bed. I was exhausted from giving birth I just wanted to sleep.
"She has your nose" Tom spoke again looking down at me while I smiled. He looked so peaceful. When I had Leo Tom was happy he always wanted his first born to be a son and it came true. We were unsure if we had wanted a second child but soon after we thought it was time to both grow our family and give Leo a sibling.
"I think she looks more like you" I said as Tom let out a chuckle.
"I'm fine with that"
"Plus that's not true when she's asleep she looks much more like you" Tom spoke as he repositioned his arms showing me the newborn child in his arms.
"Should we wake Leo up?"
"Yeah" Tom replied passing Athena over to me gently before making his way over to Leo.
Athena was wrapped up in a white blanket, she had so many of Toms features. With Leo he was an exact copy of Tom. But Athena shared some of my features too. Her nose was like mine, her lips were plump like Toms and her hair was the same dark color of Toms and Leo's.
I look up seeing Tom carrying Leo over to me he was confused and curious wondering what was in my arms.
"Can you guess who this is?" I asked Leo as Tom places him on my lap facing me and Athena. Leo shakes his head before peeking his head looking down at Athena who was sleeping.
"It's your sister" Tom spoke.
Leo didn't say much. He was always like that. Leo would observe his surroundings before speaking which I guess was a wise thing.
Im caught off guard when Athena starts to shuffle around in my arms. She was waking up. When her eyes open they start to wonder all over the place. He eyes looked like mine but were the color of Tom.
She turns her head looking over to Leo who seemed to be staring at her already. Leo places his finger above her hand and in response Athena grips onto Leo's finger. I was in awe and Tom was too. He finally had the family he'd always wanted.
"I love you" Tom said towards me as I smile in response he leans down and kisses me before turning his gaze to Leo and Athena.

an: thank you to everyone who commented recommendations If you didn't like the name I chose on my apologies but once again feel free to drop suggestions and things you'd want to see I'm hoping this week I can publish new chapters.