Jared -

"I don't know how many times I need to tell you Tyler if l have the time of course I'll see her but that's if I have the time "
I speak sternly into my phone half because I want to get my point across but mostly because the JFK airport is so God damn loud . I hadn't landed in New York City more then 10 minutes before my phone was blowing up . It was Jessica my somewhat of a girlfriend from California whose calls I did not answer and then Tyler whose call I did after the first ring . I knew what he was calling to say before he said it . He wanted to remind me that while I was in New York to go check on Adrianna as if that wasn't first order of business for me . Yes I was only in New York for the weekend to check out a studio but I'd be damned if I didn't see her . What Tyler didn't know was that this was more then a weekend trip for me . To be honest it didn't matter what the studio looked like . My plan was to tell the band it was perfect and have them fly in so we could spend the next 6 months or more recording our second album . To me this meant I had half a year to make things right with her and knowing how stubborn she could be I wondered if that was enough .
What Tyler wanted from me was a full play by play of how Adriana was doing . She doesn't contact home very much anymore and her and Tyler's relationship has drifted apart since she found her career . In fact her relationship with most of our small church going community had shifted since she found her career .

As I finally reached the exit of the airport and waited for the next available ride share my mind rushed with thoughts of Adriana . I missed her more then I thought was possible to miss anyone . I missed her in ways I didn't think was possible to miss anyone . I missed her laugh .I missed her voice . I missed her hands .I miss just talking to her about anything and everything .I was deciding what I missed the most about her in the back of the taxi when I suddenly saw her face .
It felt like the wind was completely knocked out of me as I stared into her ocean blue eyes . Of course it wasn't actually her just a photo of her up on a billboard right in Times Square . She was standing with her hand holding two signature pink and white striped shopping bags and wearing of course next to nothing . Her all black trim laced bra and thong barely concealed her ungoldly perfect body and the expression on her face , mouth open ,read "fuck me then take me shopping some more ". The text cleverly placed to the right of her hip bone read " semi annual sale ! Don't miss out on these BOMBSHELL deals ". You had to give it to the marketing team because this ad did just what they intended to do . The ad made women feel insecure and believe that they too could be a bombshell if they just rack up 49.50 for a barely their bra and if they want the panties ? We'll you have to pay separate of course . Their boyfriends and husbands could see this ad and after their mental daydream of fuckin Adriana , think to themselves they should head on to the neatest Victoria Sextet and pick out sometning sexy for theirs wives or at the least a gift card . There wasn't a single person in the millions of New Yorkers who viewed this ad daily who probably didn't take note of just how amazingly beautiful Adriana is but of course no one knew the real her . No one but me .

It was hard for me to look at this ad of the sexy girl in her underwear and not think of the shy conservative girl I grew ip with . It was even harder for her parents and her brother to accept . A part of them we're proud of her and unfortunately another part of them was ashamed . No matter how much money , fame and notoriety Adriana brought in her small minded community would never find showing off her body as a reputable career . I'll never forget her father and brother shaking their heads when her first ad with Victoria secret rolled out . It wasn't too long after that that she completely lost contact with Tyler .It was a stark contrast from the reaction we received as men for doing almost the same thing . Yes I sing and write music but I too get the most concert sales when it's a pretty much guarantee that my shirt will come off at some point in the show . Tyler stands up from his drum set and takes off his shirt throwing it out to rhe screaming girls just waiting to touch his sweaty shirt at almost every show .Bossier Louisiana always welcomed us with open arms shirtless or not and even threw parties around the neighborhood when our first album was released . I knew it wasn't fair to Adriana which is why I didn't blame her for never going back to our hometown since she's made it big . Besides the place was filled with too many painful moments . Painful moments that I caused and would do just about anything to make right .