Adriana 14 years old

" you know maybe If you didn't dress like a slut we wouldn't of had to beat his ass to begin with "Tyler spurts at the dinner table. We're sitting around a turkey roast in our formal dining room. My dad and mom at each head of the table , my brother Tyler and I on one side and his best friend Jared on the other . They were just suspended from their basketball team for beating up a team mate who made a comment about my body ; I'm seconds away from throwing the mashed potatoes at Tylers face when my mother stopped me and grabs my wrist .
" enough !"she yells and we all quiet . My mother is not one to yell . I've actually only heard her raise her voice on a handful of occasions . This makes the times that she does yell even that more effective .
She lets go of my wrist and carefully places the mashed potatoes back down on the table .
" I'll take care of this " she says softly to me . She then places her plate aside and folds her hands together and looks around the table demanding everyone's attention .
" look I know that you boys had good intentions . You were only trying to defend your sister . " she begins and I cringe . I hate when she refers to me being their sister as if I'm Jared's sister too . Yes he spends more dinners here then he does at home .Yes Jared sleeps here more then he sleeps at home . Yes he even joins us on family vacations . None of these things make him my actual brother and everyone needs to stop acting like that's what he is .
" but what you need to understand is that the way men talk about women is not at the fault of the women . Women should be free to wear what they want without any negative comment from men or anyone . You cannot blame Adriana's perfectly modest clothing
" May I interrupt ? Tyler says interrupting ." "What she wears in front of you guys isn't always what she wears at school . She puts sweaters on and then takes them off ."
My jaw dropped . What a little fuck,
" I do not !" I yell which was half true .  I was still navigating how to dress my body since I've hit puberty . Sometimes I like to cover up and other times I liked to feel comfortable in my own skin by showing skin .
• you do too ! I saw you wearing a crop top . Your whole stomach was showing right Jared ?" He says and I can tell he kicks Jared under the table urging him to agree with him ,
" I'd really rather not get involved " Jared replies as he moves food around his plate and quickly making eye contact with me before looking down . I knew that him pleading the fifth  was his way of staying neutral . His loyalty is primarily to Tyler but he wouldn't ever do anything to hurt me either . I feel bad for him in the moment . His own home life is a shit show so he comes here for some relief and then gets dragged into our family conflicts . I feel even more bad for myself because this is beyond embarrassing.
" this better not be true ! If I find out that you are dressing inappropriately while out in public Adriana then I will not hesitate to send you catholic school where you wear a uniform "
My dad says finally having an option . He was real quiet when the discussion of Tyler and Jared assaulting their teammate was on the table but now all of a sudden he has an opinion .
" you know what ? Everyone seems to have so much to say about what I wear and yet no one will even tell me what happened . What did your teammate say that was so bad Tyler that made you punch him ?" I say as I eyed down Tyler . I'm sick of everyone talking about me without anyone talking to me . All I've heard is that the boys were being suspended because their teammate made a comment about my body . Do they not realize how much a teenage girls mind would spiral knowing someone was talking about their body and not knowing what was said .
" who cares what he said !get over it "
Tyler says in spite . I can tell he's uncomfortable and the anxiety of what was said is worsening me .
" obviously you care because you punched a guy ! I say back .
" actually it was Jared who punched the guy ! He knocked him unconscious. We wouldn't of even been suspended if he didn't take it that far ." Tyler says and I can tell he immediately regretted it .It was a new low for him to throw his best friend under the table even if what he was saying was the truth .
I see Jared push out his chair and begin to collect his plate that had been mostly uneven .
" I think I should be getting going . My mom might be worried about where I am .l" he says quietly and sadly we all know that his mom was never worried about where he was .
" no Jared you stay and finished eating okay ? We will talk about this another time. Tyler  I think you should be excused to your room.
" fine by me " Tyler says and grabs his plate to go upstairs . I see my mother give her infamous eyebrow raise to my father and he sighs in response.
" all right all right . I'll to talk to him " my dad says wiping his mouth with a napkin . He's the only one at the table that finished his food .
" you kids are exhausting ! And I thought when you were all kids running around breaking things that was exhausting but all of this tops it . I need to run myself a bath with a side of Pinot noir . Can I count on you two to have this cleaned up and put the dishes in the dishwasher ?" She asks talking mostly to me . I nod although I'm furious that Tyler got off easily . My dad is probably upstairs shaking his hand and congratulating him for handling things " like a man ".
  My mom heads upstairs leaving me alone with Jared whose still hasn't touched his food . I begin to start clearing up the plates around him and taking them to the kitchen without saying a word . I'm too upset with my whole family to make small talk . I return to pick up the plates when Jared gets up to help me .
" you don't have to it's fine I got it ." I snap not meaning to sound so rude .
" I'm sorry about what Tyler said . For the record I don't agree with him at all ." He says .
" yeah I know because you're not a feral animal like him " I respond and we both smile . It doesn't take much for us to diffuse tension . Jared and I have always had a light playful relationship. At least we did at that point .
" I don't regret it either . Punching Steven . No one talks about my sister like that " he says and I know he's trying to be endearing but I feel my anger returning at the sound of being referred to as a sister by my biggest crush ,
" I am not your sister And you know what ? If you're really sorry about what Tyler said , about me dressing like a slut , you would tell me what happened today . What did Stephen say to even start all of this ? " I asked . I knew I had a higher chance of getting the truth out of Jared then I ever did of my brother .
Jared signed and he motioned to seat next to him so that I could sit . Was it really that bad that I needed to sit ?
  I was now nervous as I sat down next to him . I wasn't just nervous from what I was about to hear but being this close to him always made my heart rate go up .
" we were talking about what teachers and staff we thought were hot . Tyler mentioned Mrs Miller and Stephen said word for word "
He paused to look around . Probably to see if my parents were anywhere within hearing range . He leaned closer to me speaking into my ear ensuring no one would hear .His breath against my ear sent shivers up my spine although what he said next brought me right back down
"Your sister has bigger tits then she does " he pulls back to watch my reaction . Initially I'm shocked . I had never had anyone refer to my chest as" tits" . None that I knew of . On second thought I can't help but think of how ridiculous the whole thing is . That's what was said to get this guy "knocked out ". My third thought is bit of excitement .Older guys from school are noticing my body . Does this mean Jared noticed too ?
" and so you just punched him ? For saying I have big tits?" I say surprising myself with the word "tits " came out my mouth especially with who I was talking to .
Jared looked just as surprised but nodded ." Yeah it's like me and Tyler both had the same thought . We couldn't just laugh off someone talking about you . We had to do something "
" I mean thank you I guess ? But that doesn't seem to be that bad of a thing to say . It was in the locker room right ? Isn't that how you guys talk in there anyways ? And I mean it's true anyways ." I say my attempt at a joke.
" what's true ?" He ask's obviously not getting it .
"It's true I have big tits " I say pick and green bean off his plate and playfully bite into it .
He's shocked for only a second till we're both laughing . I loved his laugh and I loved that we were able to lighten the mood of the house .
    We joked around some more as he helped me with all the dishes . I caught him up on all the girly friendship drama in my life because I knew he secretly loved gossip . He caught me up on the scoop of who all the older kids were dating and who was flunking school. We both made fun of how my mom and dad handle awkward conversations. I felt so lucky to have him . Me and Tyler seemed to never get along these days so having Jared around was a nice reprise .
I was smiling as I walked him to the door and he was smiling back . My juvenile brain couldn't help but think how great we'd be as a couple. I was wise Enough now and far removed from the 8 year old girl who was upset to see him kiss another girl .I knew that he still looked at me as kid but I also knew that we were turning a corner . I was becoming a women in front of his eyes and I had a plan to make sure he knew it .
" good night big tits " he smirks before walking out the door and heading home .
The plan is working.