Jared present

I hold one finger against one ear and the other ear has my phone pressed against it . I'm trying my best to make out what Adriana is saying while blocking out the noise of the airport .
  She had left me a pretty angry , possibly drunken , voicemail in response to the text I sent her before I boarded back to LA. I don't know when she called as I missed the call in the air and I'm just hearing it . I can make out something about ruining her night and then I hear his name . Joel . I involuntarily tense up at the sound .
  From what I'm getting is that he seen the text I sent . The one that said I love you .I'm confused on why that would even matter or better yet what she was doing with him the same day she was with me in the morning . Why did he even have her phone ? The questions burn in my head .
I know that I shouldn't be so possessive over her . She's not my girlfriend and hasn't been for awhile . Sometimes I'm not sure if she ever was being that our whole relationship was kept a secret for three years . The entire time I was with her I never even looked at another women . I had no reason to . I had the girl of my dreams .
  Somehow now though it feels as if she's cheating on me . Again I know this doesn't make sense on paper . We aren't in a relationship yet I feel like she belongs to me . She's mine .
   The thought of her being out with another man drives me insane. If this is how Adriana feels when she reads about me with other women then I should really stop seeing them . I guess that thought is futile as I walk towards Scarlets car . She's picking me up from the terminal .. When she smiles and hugs me as I get into her car it feels completely different as before I left . Scarlett used to be a light distraction . Someone fun I can pass the time with . Now she just feels like a repercussion of my actions . The jealousy and pain I feel inside over Adriana is everything I deserve and I know it .
   I hug Scarlett back and almost cringe when she leans into kiss me . Adriana was the last lips pressed against mine and I turn my head before Scarlett ruins that . I can only hope Adriana is doing the same .