🦋Two🦋

Khalil sat in his car quietly, since he left the office, recalling everything that has happened to him the past 2 years from when Summayyah left and no one heard from her and she cut ties with her family.

Khalil's mother forced him to marry someone else and he kept insisting that it was the sumayyah he wanted and needed. She has understood him for as long as their wedding lasted. She tolerated him and cared for him but his mother had given him an option. To either bring in a woman or she marries him off to someone he doesn't know.

"Are you repeating the same thing mother?" He had asked.

"It's because that's the best for you. Your situation. I can't handle it alone." She cries.

"Then I can handle myself, I will treat myself and I will control myself. Just let me find her mother, someone must have caused this to happen, someone must have separated us. Mama you used to love her. She was like a daughter to you, can't we at least just..."

"Khalil!" She shouted, which jolted everyone. "Are you going to man up or cry over a woman who didn't think twice before leaving you and abandoning her parents? I have said my own this time and no one should try to convince me. I will fix a date for the two of you. Its been a year since she left and she is a woman, she must have moved on '' and not letting him convince her by speaking further, she walked out of his sight.

Khalil hits his Steering wheel, pouring out  his anger on the poor steering wheel as he regrets every bit of his life, His existence and how much he has reached the bottom.

If this is the result from the Almighty for having to hurt summayyah, if only he knew what she had done for him, he wouldn't be punished with such hardship.

He has made her cry, the very moment she set foot into his house and she left with the same tears. He hits his steering wheel continuously as his tears silently falls. He has been holding it for so long, he is also a human, he can't possibly hide it from himself even though he hides it from everyone.

Everyone had told him to move on but he hated himself for being a jerk and never gave up on her even with the help of Arif.

Just then, his phone started ringing and his mother's name, Umma pops up on his screen. He quickly wipes off his tears and starts his car engine as he drove home to meet her.

That's the only reason she is calling me.

Meanwhile, Ibrahim has successfully finished the bulky files on the desk before Tony rushed in with hands filled with more files. "Sir!"

Ibrahim already looked worn out as he groans angrily. "Oh God! What has khalil been doing since? I swear he will pay for this!" He hissed.

Tony respectful drop the files on his desk and stood few steps away. "Sorry, but he has been working so much. These are Maryam's files and that there would be a meeting soon"

Ibrahim raised a brow in question. "Her files?" he pointed at it. " What do i do with it?"

"She wants you to proof read it and hand it to the desk of the BOD!"

He chuckles inwardly. "She wants me to do that? Why won't she do it? God i am fed up with all this shits. Whatever happened between the both of them should be settled. I can't be the middle man!" He ranged while Tony kept shut.

Him working with Ibrahim is always hard for him. He is always tempered, probably because he didn't intend to take the position in the first place but what is more surprising is khalil's plans. If his plans was luring Maryam down then she's bringing him down with her and it might not end good. If only his wife was here!

Tony breathed out and excused himself.

Khalil park at his parent's parking lot and made sure his face was all cleared up from his cries earlier and that he isn't looking pale or else it will trouble his mother.