🌸Twenty ~8🌸

(Abdul's POV)
I woke up to the buzzing of my phone alarm. I sheepishly reached for the phone under my pillow to switch it off right after checking the time. It was 5:54, and it had already passed fajr within a few minutes.

I groan out annoyed and get off the bed, walking towards the toilet to perform my ablution. I really wanted to pray the Congregational prayers in the mosque but since dad has been held behind bars, and school has been tough lately. I wasn't able to keep up like I used to before.

So unfortunate.

And even though I set my alarm an hour before fajr, it keeps ringing until i finally hear it myself and wake up.

I prayed and made some dua's in between, then my phone chimed a message. I knew who it could be. It was Khalifa. I swiped up my phone to unlock it and Summayyah's pictures popped on my home screen. It was a picture we took a while ago that I can't even remember the day we took it but I know how much I cherished the picture.

It hurt me so much that she never came for my secondary school graduation and she never made it to my Matriculation. My heart hardlen and my eyes started to tear up. I quickly shook it off and read his message.

Khalifa: Dude are you up?"

Me: yeah what?"

Khalifa: I would be coming to your school later, I have someone I want you to meet!"

Me: oh and who could it be? A new babe?"

Khalifa: Na i pass on that since Kadija broke my heart or cheated on me, its someone you know by the way?

Me: Oya na, till you come. Let me get ready, I have an 8am class!"

Khalifa: ohhh Sannu, Asha class lafiya"

Me: Kai banza ne walahi! (You are cray i swear)

Kalifa: (sent a laugh out emoji)

I chuckled dryly as I dropped the phone back on my bedside drawer. Before getting up from my posture, I prayed that I happen to meet Sumayyah someday and she should be in Good health wherever she is. It still hurts that Luqman knows but never says anything about it and for two good years, that was a boring joke.

I dressed after 6 and got out for breakfast. Neither Laure nor Binta were out of their rooms. I made tea sharply and toasted two breads before I started to eat, standing by the kitchen island.

"Hmm, oga eating while standing!" No one came except the annoying lady ~Binta.

I glared at her but she didn't even flinch. "And so?"

She shrug. "Nothing, no need to even worry about you a bit!" She said walking past me. I don't know what she was doing but probably getting ready to start cleaning. I finished the four bread and with the last sip of my tea, i picked the dishes and dropped it on the sink.

I saw Binta glaring at me but what did she expect? Should I wash when I am getting late to school? I checked the time it was already past 7.

Shit!

I dashed out then remembered I didn't check on mom. I had to come back and walk to her room. I met her seated on her mat, in her yellow hijab and reciting the quran. When she noticed me, she reached a stop and turned to me. "You are going already?" She asked. Her voice was calm and soft.

"Yes mama, I have an 8 am class today!" I answered.

"Toh! Allah ya Ba da sa'a, Allah kuma ya kiyaye!" (Okay, Good luck and safe journey)

"Ameen!" I replied and closed the door. She has been so silent and calm after Summayyah left and after baba was found guilty for fraud, a year ago. It wasn't easy for us as we had so many eyes and fingers pointed at us. People called us cheaters, betrayers and hypocrites.