🌸Twenty~2🌸

"Wait what? What is this? 30 missed calls! From Faruq and Rukkayyah?" She trembles. Maimuna sat in the front seat putting on her seat belt, quite curious but she had to maintain her lane and mind her own business. She is in no position to question her. Meanwhile, Summayyah started the car engine immediately as she dialled Rukayyah's number but she wasn't reachable, then she tried Faruq number and it was not reachable either. 

"Ya Allah! Why are they not answering?" She mutters, starting to panic. What if something has happened to Rukayyah? She was the only one she left at home so she tried calling the landline if the maid would answer but it rang and no one answered. And that was it, she was getting anxious seconds after seconds. However, Whatever the reason maybe, she has to drop Maimuna off and then drive to Faruq's office. 

But what if he is not in the office?

Ya Allah.

She sighed deeply as Maimuna watched her carefully, she wanted a better way of appreciating her but in her tensed state, she would just be getting in the way. She doesn't know how much her aunty had passed through but she wants to be as strong as her aunty is. Summayyah had even booked a hotel for Maimuna and her children in Sheraton, two weeks before the trial began telling her that it's better the two of them stay distanced. 

Baffa will not leave the house for her so she has to leave since she has nowhere else to go and it's best that way so Baffa wont drink and eventually hurt Maimuna any further.

"When all this is over, I would like to take you to the hospital for a check up" Summayyah said to Maimuna while she assisted her in packing up.

Maimuna was surprised. "Hospital? But I totally Fine anty!"

"Who knows, you are too lean for a normal human being. I agree that you sacrifice your dinner for your children but what about you? Don't you care for your own health, what if Astaghfirullah you fall and die, who will take care of them? You have to be healthy to take care of your children to be what you want them to be. Okay?"

Maimuna was mute. She understood her, she believed aunty would not hurt her so she nodded. "Good until then!"

Maimuna will forever be grateful to Sumayyah, until a day where she would be able to repay her kindness to her. But before then, she has to stay here, hear the judgement, get her divorce then she can finally leave and maybe start a new life somewhere. But how will she do that? She thought.

She pulled the car to a stop at the parking space as both of them walked out of the car in silence and headed straight into the hotel and to Maimuna's room.

She stood by the door, patience on the outside but quite tensed on the inside, she needed to hear from her family. The door clicked open after Maimuna inserted the key and turned over, two adorable boys came running towards their mother. She squatted immediately and spread her arms widely to each side as they fell in.

"Mama, kin dawo? (Mummy you are back?) How was it?" Bello asked, pulling away from the hug.

"Alhamdulilah Bello, kun ci abinci?" (Have you eaten?) She asked and they nodded simultaneously.

Summayyah felt at ease seeing Maimuna and her children laugh. She has always wanted to do something of such an outcome. She wants to be able to help people from their darkest days and Allah was there to help her accomplish that. 

"Aunty, ki shigo. (Aunty You should enter) let me cook something for you!" Maimuna offered.

"Oh no no, I need to go home! Whatever reason they are calling me. I will call you alright!" Summayyah declined as she walked down the stairs. Suddenly, her phone started to ring and it was Faruq.