🦋Eight🦋

Summayyah parked right at the front of her restaurant as she breathed out before walking out. The moment she entered inside and was greeted by her employees. Sakina ran towards her and pulled her into a private section and closed the curtains immediately.

Summayyah stared at her in aghast as if someone had been chased by armrobbers, She chuckled, being relieved that she wasn't a terrifying CEO.

"What is it you want to talk to me about that is so serious?"

"It's about my husband," she said, lowering her head.

"What about him? Your genotype didn't match?" She asked.

"What? No!... What made you think that?"

Summayyah shrugged. "Isn't it obvious? When a wedding is near and it is about to be cut off. It's always the genotype that's the problem or a place of staying. So which one?"

"Place of saying!" She answered.

Summayyah raised a brow in question. She didn't expect that even though she asked. "Ok"

"Can you imagine? He wants me to stay in gwagwalada!" She hissed.

"Gwa..." She was taken aback that she bursted out laughing. Sakina frowned. "What are you laughing at, this is so serious ma'am!"

"So you called me all the way here to tell me about your husband, want you to stay in gwagwalada?" She asked and sakina nodded.

"Well that's you two to sort out, I have nothing to say, besides I am just an event planner. What else do you need from me concerning wedding couples? It should be your problem to solve Sakina. If you get married, I won't be there when all this is happening. You should be able to find a solution. Does he work there?"

She nodded. "Yes... He does"

"Where does he work?"

"He works at the specialist hospital..."

"Aw... He is a doctor. You should have said so, miss. Then you should have persuaded him into letting you stay here... But don't you think it's best if you stay where he works?"

"If I stay there, what about my own work?"

"I will relieve you..." Summayyah said, without a second thought, causing Sakina's heart to shatter as she stands up in range. "What? How could you say such a thing? I enjoy working here."

"So you want to be coming everyday from gwagwalada to jabi? Do you know how much it will cost you and your energy? Plus you will be a married woman soon... Come on, think out of the box".

Sakina hissed and sat back in anger. "Then i am not getting married"

"Because of some worldly thing?"

"If he is not being considerate now, he wouldn't be in the future. Men are always like that!"

Summayyah sighed and rubbed her forehead. She is stressed already, she never knew she would cross paths with someone who is more stressing than her work.

"Now tell me what do you want me to do?"

Sakina beams as she sat up straight, leaning closer to the table and placing both her hands on top the other. "I... I want you to solve it for us. I want you to be my lawyer!" She blurted.

Sumayyah choked. "Are you filing a lawsuit on your fiancee? Are you out of your mind?'

"But i can't"

"If you knew you couldn't, you shouldn't have accepted him in the first place. Come on!"

Sakina grieved. "You're right!"

"Look at me Salma, getting married is not a fairy tale. It's real you see, there are bad days that you wished you would want to just disappear and they are good days you wished will never cease, but one thing that will have to keep a healthy and loving marriage is sacrifice. I mean, you shouldn't sell you limbs or so, but you can equally let things go for the sake of your marriage. You see, he is a man. You don't own him, but if he wishes you would be equal to all the three just as Ali (RA) had said to Aisha (RA) you should learn from their story." Summayyah said.

She stood up and walked towards the window where there was a glass cup and a fug filled with lemon juice. She poured it into the two glass cups and turned. "I would lie if I said I never loved my ex husband. He was not the best husband, but he cared for me. Not as much as I wanted him to care for me. But he gave me a listening ear. Sometimes, I look at my son and wish I never left but what's done is done, Sakina. If this man really loves you for the sake of Allah, you don't have to worry about working here. Being closer to your husband is the best and obeying him doesn't mean you are weak."

"Every woman is strong in her own way, he doesn't want his wife going through ups and downs. That's why he wants you to stay where he works. If you are worried that I would relieve you. I won't. But you are always welcome to work here."

She handed her the glass of orange juice. "You two need to understand each other, taking your husband to court will spoil the relationship you have with your family, his family and even him. It was once quoted that. 'You don't return from court and still remain friends' Do you want to destroy your own happiness?" She asked and Sakina shook her head.

"I... I just don't want to go that far, i really don't want to leave my family and go away with a man!" She cries.

"I understand you, every woman goes through such feelings. But you are not going away illegally. He needs to fulfil his promise to your family to protect you and to do that, you have to be by his side. Come on, you are not just a wife, you are a companion and a subordinate. When everyone leaves you wouldn't.!" She paused taking a sip from the lemon juice. "So, After all that I've said. Do you think he is being so inconsiderate?"

Sakina thought through before shaking her head, negativity. Summayyah nodded and moves closer to Sakina. "Listen, imagine you stay here and he works and then comes to see you, he can not forfeit his work as it's what is important but you can. You can choose to work or not to but he can not choose because it is mandatory for him. No one wants to marry a man who Doesn't work. So Sakina, give your husband a chance to prove himself. You will find the reason why staying with him is the best. Ko kina son kishiya? Wace za ta zauna â gwagwalada? (Or you want a co wife who will stay in gwagwalada)? She teased and Sakina quickly jolted away shaking her head like a small kid.

Summayyah laughed. "He wouldn't come see you the main wife till weekends o, or is that what you want? Then file the lawsuit and I will solve it!" She said looking for a pen and note from her bag as sakina quickly quickly held her hand.

"No no no don't, I won't. I will stay with him wherever he goes. I have no other choice after all!"

"You do have a choice"

"What choice?"

"Hmm, letting him marry another woman!" She laughed.

"No Ma'am come on, we haven't even gotten married yet!" She cried but Summayyah kept laughing as she drank up her juice. She just hopes her message will be able to reach out to the world. She wishes she could speak up to the world but right now, she stared at Sakina silently as she spoke about her wedding and how she wants it to be a simple one, just like the previous events.

That's right, she always listens to other people's wedding planning, but never has she listened to her own. A tear threatened to roll down her cheeks but Sakina was too quick to notice, her face fell and was married with worry.

"Ma'am are you alright?"

"I... I am" She sniffles.

"No you are crying?"

"I just can't believe how your absence will be felt here!" She brittle. She doesn't know why she is getting emotional lately, she wasn't this emotional after she cried of Faruq's presence till the essence she had headache for striaght three days.

"You see, that's why I said what I said earlier!"

"You are really stubborn Sakina. I hope your husband has patience."

"Well he is a doctor, he sure must have patience."

Summayyah laughed. "You are not serious."

Meanwhile, Ali was by the door, eavesdropping but he was only able to pick at the last moment as he surpassed a side smile full of pride. "That's my CEO" he mutters proudly before walking away.
.
.
.

My cat has given birth, the fifth time now.
🤗