🌼Thirteen🌼

Summayyah drove over to Maimuna's house and as she had said to her the previous day to meet her where the cars are being parked, Maimuna submitted her written down files to Summayyah. She accepted it before asking her. "How are your boys doing?" She asked.

"They are fine Alhamdulilah!"

She nodded, she pictured up a black leather and passed it over to Maimuna, who collected it, curious to what was inside it. "It's an outfit i got for them the day i left here, they looked clean but their outfits are really all patched and they needed to look cleaner on new outfit. Please accept it, it's little after all!"

Maimuna was thrilled. "Oh aunty, thank you very much. Allah ya saka Alhari! (May God bless you more) she prayed for her. "Its alright Maimuna, anyways; i would like you to brief me on the situation you are having with your husband so i would be sure if taking the matter to court and having you two take the trial is whats best or just counseling the both of you."

"No! I want us to have the trial i want the court to separate the both of us. I... Barin iyah kara sa zama da shi Ba, naji anty." (I can't keep living with him. I am tired aunty) her voice was wobbly as she tried to hide her tears with her wrapper but Summayyah quickly wrapped her into a warm embrace asking her to calm down.

Did he hurt her again?

What did he do to her?

Pulling away from the hug, summayyah wiped her tears. "Did he hit you?" she asked and Maimuna nodded silently. "He... He when he drinks, he... Hit the kids" Summayyah shook. "The kids?"

She nodded. "Yes and they are just kids, they did nothing. They are just innocent kids. How would he be so blinded by cruelty?" She cried.

Summayyah couldn't believe some would actially do something lile that to his very on family. His pride. Somehow, she came to realise that her gusband Didn't really know what family is al about, its not just something you do to satisfiy your desire. As a muslim and a ture beliver, he should know that marriage is collecting ones deen just like his missing rips. She waa agitated but rememberes what faruq once told her. You can not lose your temper by listening to only one side of the story, you need to retain your anger until you heard from both sides. But now, its not where she can lose her temoer but its a place where she doesnt really care about the other perons story.

"Do you mind driving with me?" She suggested, thinking maybe it might help cool Maimuna down but she watched her stare down at her house and slowly rejected the offer. "I'm sorry my children!"

That's right! She can't leave her children at home with the husband and when he comes back, he would go bunkers to find her not around. She need to find away to separate them but that's not possible. She can't interfere between married people after all.

But she need answers. She needs to back up her defense but with Maimuna how would she do it?

There was a bench under the three that summayyah sighted which is facing directly at the house so she ased Maimuna if it was okay for them to seat ther. She had said that when her husband leaves by 8am to gamble and do drugs, he doesn't come back till five or six sometimes till ten when they are asleep.

The time right now was 12:00pm, so it's early for him to come back and she can get her information from Maimuna.

While they were seated, Summayyah held on to maimuna's hand and slowly asked her to begin while she records it. Maimuna sniffs in and began...

"It started three weeks after our marriage 6 years ago..."

For the next few hours summayyah has spend, she listened to Maimuna pour out her soul in tears as she narrated her story to her. How much Baffa (her husband) was such a jerk, selfish how disrespectful and disgusting he was to a very young girl.