🌼Fourteen🌼

Khalil sounded the horn at the gate of his parent's house, waiting patiently for the gate man to come to open it. He sighs in exasperation as he thought about what happened earlier in the morning.

Aisha made him breakfast and for the first time he actually ate and even complimented on the food. it was new to him. He knew Aisha since they were kids. However, he could see the brightness and honesty in her face.

Is that his faith?

Will he never see Summayyah again?

The thought crossed his mind, just before the gate made a screech sound and it opened, revealing the dark old looking gate man! "Inna wuni Karamin Alhaji!" (Good afternoon, small Alhaji)

"Inna wuni Baba, ya aiki?" (Good afternoon baba, how is work?) Khalil greeted.

Karamin Alhaji is what they've been calling him since he clocked six years old. His mother told him that, his father often request the same outfit for occasion for them, like eid, wedding and other big occasions. By the time he reached 17, his father started to teach him tactics on the business and they were so amazed how the little boy has taken over his father and how much he speaks and looks like his father.

He ambles inside the house with a Salaam just to meet Amal seated in the middle of the sitting room with packages of people's ordered displayed around her as she scrolls through her phone. She didn't even notice he was inside, until his strong cologne hits her nostril.

"Yaya?" She wondered, averting her eyes from her phone as she turns towards the door, their eyes met. "What an occasional day to were jumper? Did father call for you?" She asked, staring at him from head to toe.

He shook his head. "No, i came to see him..."

Her face dropped, she remembered the time Summayyah had left, Their father never wanted to see Khalil and even ended up slapping him. Khalil noticed her bright Expression dropped and was now replaced with agony. He smiled slyly and took a seat on the sofa, opposite where she seats on the ground.

"You shouldn't hate her even if mother does!"

"But look what she has turned you into, see how lean you have become, see how your relationship with your parents has grown apart, it is not like it used to be before. Why wouldn't i hate her?" She voice, and he could tell the frustration in her voice. It was a minute ago he entered and met her all smiling as she presses her phone but now...

He chuckled. "I remembered the last time, you were the one who loved her most!"

She snort! "I hate her now!"

He sighed and nodded. "I wouldn't say hating her or stop hating her will bring her back or so!  But it wasn't her fault after all, she had a good reason for leaving!" He muttered.

He thought back at how she left in tears, not even giving him a chance to explain himself.

"You see, she is so dear to me that I've never realised until now!" And with that, he excused himself and ascended the stairs, heading to their fathers room with the hope that they would be in a good note today.

Now standing outside the door to his father room, different thought crossing through his mind, what if his father slaps him again? What if his father doesnt look him in the eye? What if his father disowns him for good this time. What if this, what if that! He need to man up and stop whining, whats done is done and its not his fault either.

Composing himself, he was about to knock on the door when it clicked open and his mother walked out if the room making him stagger.

"Uh! Abba! Kai Ne yau?(uh Abba, its you today?)  him.