🥀Thirty~ 6🥀

...
Not long after Hadiza had finished consoling Sumayyah and they were talking, Eric barged into the office startling both the ladies. Hadiza groaned and glared at him. "Do y'all knock!" She sparks.

"My apologies but I have something to show you Mrs Sumayyah" He said.

Her brows drew together as she looked at Hadiza who shrugged, having no idea what Eric was talking about. "What is it you want to show me!"

"It has to do with the murder case you had received"

"Huh?"

She followed him out as he leadeth them to the control room, she wondered why they were here so she asked. "Why are we in the control room?"

"I know this might sound cliche, but I was having a double thought concerning this case you are up to. However,  when I came here last night,  A client said she came but no one saw her, so I was going through the surveillance camera and came across this. Ben please play it." He motioned to the security man. Ben, as he was called, played the video but it was in a very poor quality, they could barely see a thing, till the end. 

"You were there" Ben broke the silence.

"Me? But I didn't see it very well!"

"Ben, play it a little slower."

Ben played it again and this time slowed it down just as he was told so Sumayyah could focus on the video. However, The person did ring a bell in her head, he looked familiar and... "pause it" the video passed. She took control of the desktop as she zoomed closer to see the two people.

It was a woman and a man, the man wore all black from head to toe and the woman was in her law attire. The guy had a file in his hand and where the video was paused was when he was asked by the woman, probably where he was going and that was when she remembered coming across a man like him. "Please increase the volume"

Ben increased the volume while the video played and they were able to hear it in slow motion. "Are you lost?" The lady asked.

"No... I'm a delivery man"

Summayyah gasped, realising that the lady was her and that she ran into this suspicious looking guy. "He told me he came to deliver a file, he looked like a thief to me. Did he give it to anyone?"

"No, the surveillance camera didn't show him giving anyone the file and as Maria had stated before that she saw the file, three days after it was brought. Also, I seem to notice that there was an initial at the back of the file when I first came across it."

"An initial? Of who exactly?"

"Maybe of the victim. Zoom it Ben!" Ben zoomed in but it was still blur so he tried to compress it so the initials will show. "H.B?" She asked, trying to puzzle out everything in her head, but as she couldn't find a way, she dashed out of the room immediately and ambled to her office as Maria and a few other workers watched her.

She unwrapped the file and started to scan through, until she found what she was looking for. Her eyes widened and fixed on the file. "Harun? He is the murdered person. Khalil is the murderer but how?" She mutters.

"What's their connection?" Eric asked.

She shook her head. "I have no idea... "

"The reason behind the company's downfall is Maryam Baffa..."

She paused. "Who is Maryam!"

"She used to be Khalil's girlfriend, a few years back." 

She recalled what Ibrahim had said to her in their meet up as she suddenly clicked her finger. "Maryam? Yes she. Eric, I want you to find out who Maryam Baffa is and everything about her, both her personal and professional life."