🦋Five🦋

"How have you been?" She asked, while seated on the mat Maimuna had just offered her. She was so excited to see her that she cried and apologised for not recognising her earlier.

"I... I have been raising my children!" She says as she watches them play.

"Is the younger one the one you were pregnant with?"

Maimuna nodded!. "He is Uzayfa, and the older one is Bello. When you left, I was disowned by my parents for letting people like you into our family matters, she says she has nothing to do with me and even regretted giving birth to me..." She paused as she started to cry, remembering her mother's words.

FLASHBACK!
"I am so embarrassed and irritated by your behaviour Maimuna! I never thought you of all people would be so stupid as to let people like that interfere with your marriage." Her mother says.

"Mama, kiyi hakuri... Dan Allah. (Mother, I'm sorry, please!) She cries holding her mothers leg but she kicks her.

"Kar ki taba ni, (Don't you dare touch me) you disgusting thing... I wish I never gave birth to you, you are nothing but a bad omen and I regret it with all my heart!"

Maimuna's health melted; she sat there in tears and was flabbergasted by her own mother's words over such a tyrant man! 

END OF FLASHBACK

"Was that all that happened?" Summayyah asked and Mainuna nodded.

"I don't know what I could do then, I couldn't move an inch until they left. I was wondering why my life had to be this awful and why my own mother that I loved would go so far as to say she regretted giving birth to me!" She cries.

"All he does is drink and beats me. I try my best to care for my children but he cares not even a bit for them. I keep praying and wishing that Allah will show them a better life and to grow somewhere better so that they would be loved, and they are boys." 

Summayyah felt sorry for her and immediately pulled her into a hug. She felt her pain even though she doesn't have a real mother, she had someone to call her mother, until she realised the truth and left because she had somewhere to go, but this lady here had nowhere to go but stay and let her abusive husband abuse her from one thing to another.

She slowly pulls away from the hug and wipes Maimuna's tears. "I have a son Maimuna, but I am no longer staying with Khalil!"

Mainuna stared at her in shock. "I don't understand, did you two get a divorce? Was he cheating on you with that woman?" Maimuna Blurt and it caught Summayyah's attention. "Woman? What woman?"

Maimuna sighs and wipes her tears, she knows she wasn't aware of all that was going on in her house, neither did her husband know but if they are no more together then she has to tell her the truth.

"There is this woman who always comes to your house and asks for your husband, she said if I let you know that, my family will be in danger and she always gives me money that Baffa will snatch away from me. She had me steal, she had me give out intel on the two of you, she had me work extra and..."

Summayyah raised a hand to stop her. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I am sorry, I was scared and your husband has nothing to do with that!"

"I would understand, but who is that woman?"

"She is Aisha!"

Summayyah felt her heart paced for a moment. "Aisha?" She whispers and Maimuna nodded, soon Bello came running to them.. "Mama, baba is back?"

"What?" She starts to panics. "He isn't supposed to be back till 4! Aunty you have to leave, I can't have him see you, I don't want my children to be in any more danger. I am sorry I didn't tell you earlier and..." 

"Maimuna! Why?"

"I was scared, I am still scared aunty, I don't know what to do, I have no Where else to go?" She cried. 

"Get me every detail that happens in your life from the first time he got married to you, how he abused you!"

"What are you planning?"

"I want to file a lawsuit Against him to the court, i thought i told you i will come back for you!" Summayyah smiles.

"Aunty!"

"Do it and do you know where to meet me?"

Maimuna shook her head. "Meet me at the park over there," she said, pointing at where the cars are being packed. Maimuna nodded but all she wanted was for her to leave or Baffa will be the end of her.

Just when Sumayyah had worn her shoe and was about to leave, she bumps into Baffa as he stared at her with hatred in his eyes, he glance over at Maimuna who quickly looked away.

"I think you never change huh?" He spoke, referring to Maimuna.

"Oh she did not Mr Baffa Arabi!" Summayyah says, calling his full name which shook both of them to how she knew his full name.

"How do you know my name? And what are you doing here?" He asked, sending glares at Maimuna.

Summayyah glared at him. "I am here to file a domestic voilence against you to the court and she has nothing to do with me knowing your full name. Do you think we won't know the citizens around us?"

"I don't care, just get out of my sight before I hit you. I don't care who's wife you are."

Summayyah chuckled and walked straight towards him, Maimuna was scared that he might actually hit her, but she was surprised to see that in Summayyah's eyes, there was no ounce of fear. "Do it and that would be the last time you will ever hit a woman, and not just your wife, any woman!" She said, her voice was dead.

He was startled. "And you think that would be easy?"

"I am not your wife! And you are not the first person I have encountered so mind your words and get ready to be summoned to the court on your trial. If you flee or raise a finger at your wife, I see just a few bruises alright. If I see one more the next time I come back, I swear you would be behind bars for the rest of your life!" She warns and without turning back, she leaves.

His eyes darken as he turned to Maimuna, he took heavy steps towards her while trying to suppress his anger while she begins to shiver, binding her face with her vail expecting him to hit her.

Bello and Uzayfa stopped playing as they stood there watching their father about to beat their mother, Bello tightened his fix in anger as Uzayfa hugged his waist. "Is baba going to beat mummy again!?" He asked, in tears.

Bello hid his tears as he held on yo his brother. "If he does it, i will kill him!" He mutters in between clenched teeth. He had already sworn that the next time he sees with his own two eyes, he will revenge no matter what is it. Bacca stopped right infront if her, closing the small gaps between them before walking pass her. Baffa was surprised so as his mother who stood there tears filled up in her eyes, astonished that he didn't hit her.

'what just happened'

There you go, Summayyah has changed hasn't she? I know right. When you know what is right and wrong, what's supposed to be done, you can not fear anyone anymore and so be it.🥴