🌼Sixteen🌼

In the court room, The judge on his wig and black robe and infront of him is the court clerk and then the Bailiffs seats facing the bench.

The area for the press and the public gallery was filled up with people, including mainuma's parents and Baffa's family.

But why are they here, i thought they disowned her? Summayyah thought.

By the time the trial was about to begin, the jurys were seated at the right Corner of the courtroom which they were elaborated by the judge, telling them to listen and document the trial carefully Because they would decided who would be liable at the end of the case.

Maimuna could not bring herself to calm her nervousness because this is the very first time she ever set her foot in a court room and solving her own case. Suddenly, the judge called on to the plaintiff (Maimuna) and the defendant (Baffa) With their respective lawyers.

Maimuna upon hearing her name felt her heart dropped as she stood up along side with summayyah and walked to the front of the court room to present their case. They don't have to worry since their lawyer will do that for them.

"May it please the court, My name is Summayyah Abdullah (SA) i appear for the party Mrs Maimuna" summayyah announced her appearance.

Baffa's lawyer stood up and introducted himself. "May it please the court, My name is Awwal Bello, (AB) I appear for the party Baffa"

The judge nodded in approval, before he spoke. "Mrs Sumayyah Abdullah, present your case."

Summayah nodded and got up from her seat. Adjust her coats and walks to the front of the judge. She bowed to the judge and was silent for a few seconds before she started to speak.

"My client, Maimuna has been brutally abused by her husband, on 7th August 2023."  She started as Maimuna breathed in and dared to not look at Baffa, instead she paid attention to what Summayyah has to say.

"I must say that this is a domestic offence abusing your wife brutally, drunk or not even drunk and this wasn't the first time it ever happened. He hits his wife two weeks after the wedding and which ever reason Baffa has is not enough to justify why he does that. Contrary to their wedding, Maimuna had several issues with her parents regarding her inheritance and they thought it's best if they marry her off to a man who they think is better off for her due to her 'deceiving body size' They said. According to the evidence on the case of domestic violence. This case is brought by Vapp! The voilence against people prohibition and the fact of the case is straight forward." She turned towards the jury.

"On the 7th August, 2023. Baffa came home late at night around 12am, banging at the door while his wife and children were asleep. Maimuna was scared because he had warned her never to let anyone in but when she heard his voice she opened up the door. But before should even get to say anything he strangled her by the neck, asking her why she delayed to open the door. Why would he come home by 12am at night? And why was he drunk? He beats his wife to the verge of losing consciousness and she sustained some internal injuries that she privately went to a native doctor to get some medication and even lied for being careless and eventually got hit by a car. It was no Justified that such injuries she sustained was by car accident."

"Baffa has lot his job On the 3rd of march 2021!He used to be a black Smith and when he came home with the frustration, he said to her. 'You are the cause of my down fall since the very first day your selfish parent got you married to me?' Baffa has always been drinking and he is addicted to it, He had even attempted to kill her unborn children while they were still in the womb and after giving birth to them. Maimuna has been scared along and didn't know what to do so she kept quiet because of the threat he throws at her. She had sustained physical injuries on her leg, back and waist due to Mr. Baffa's battery against her." She stopped and turned towards Baffa sending him a death glare before turning back to the jury's once more.