🌼Seventeen🌼

"Would you please introduce yourself ma'am?" Summayyah asked, her second witness Miss Samantha.

"My name is Samanatha Andrew" she Answered.

"So, Miss Samantha, you know why you are here don't you?"

"Yes to testify that i witness Mr Baffa assaulting his wife!"

"What is your relationship with the parties?"

"I am their neigboor three houses away and a friend of Maimuna!"

"Where you present during the incident in question?"

"No i was not!"

"What did you observe during the incident?" Sumayyah asked and immediately Awwal Bello stood up, the judge asked summayyah to stop and turned to Awwal.

"Objection your honour"

"And what is the Basis of your objection?" The judge asked.

"The witness clearly stated that she wasn't present at the time of the evidence but she still asked her what she observed."

"Okay, any response?" The judge asked.

Summyyah nodded. "Yes your honour, this is basically a question as to what the witness observed and it could be after the incident!"

"Okay, you heard her, go ahead!"

"Thank you your honour!" He answered before seating down.

Summayyah continued! "Can you?"

"I meet her half dead by the door way with her children crying beside her and when i looked around for her husband, he wasn't there, but i saw his shoes!"

"Did you see physical injuries or sign of Violence on the victims body?" She asked.

"Yes, she had finger inprints on her face, cable marks on her body and blood gushing out of her mouth!"

Summayyah was terrified by what she is hearing, Maimuna never mentioned any of these to her. "Did you hear threat, yell or Abusive language during the incident?"

"Yes, Madam basheerah called me that night that she heard cries and crashes of plate at the next door, i didn't know where she was standing, but i was able to hear it!"

Awwal stood up immediately which got on Summayyah's nerves. Now what?

"Objection your honour!"

"And what is it this time?"

"The evidence is hearsay!" *note at the end of the chapter*

"Okay, any response?"

"Yes your honour! This is clearly part of the narration as to why Baffa Arabi is liable to the offence committed, it may not be used to justify the case but is part of what is truth!"

"I might want to know the narration to be part of the evidence and not what's truth or not!"

"Yes your honour!"

"Thank you, your honour!" Awwal sat down with a smirk which disgusted Summayyah, she lead to ask her few questions hoping he wouldn't interrupt her again.

"Miss Samantha, Where there any other witnesses beside yourself? If yes, who are they?"

"It was only Basheerah and she is our neigbour, she suspected that they were armed robbers so she feared to get out!"

"Did the victim appeared afraid or upset during the incident or after?"

"After i took her to the native doctor, she woke up frightened, crying that she needed to go back or else her husband will follow her."