Chapter 8

The thought of having to keep looking at that beggar-like face made my head go blank.

The dirty words I had heard from Triever went round and round in my head.

'If he were a woman...'

Gaze from bottom to top and savor.

'You look pretty today. Even flies will perch to your skin.'

Triever spit such words.

'I have to run away to a crowded place...!'

Gabriel, terrified, turned around and ran away.

"Ah there!"

Triever ran after Gabriel as he ran away. Every time he jumped, his huge belly wobbled.

"What? What's the fuss?"

"Who is that person? It's my first time seeing him."

The sudden chase drew the attention of servants.

"Ugh!"

However, Gabriel was soon captured by the Triever.

Triever's strong hand grabbed Gabriel's soft hair carelessly. Gabriel's tears welled up in the pain as if his head was about to be pulled out.

"Let go of this!"

"Our Gabriel."

Gabriel, who had lost his memory, remembered only his name.

It was not a name that commoners or slaves could easily acquire. Maybe that's why he was drawn to him.

Triever held out what he was holding in his pocket with the intention of taking Gabriel back home.

When he found him in the woods before, he was starving, so it was easy to twist.

Triever smiled.

Since it is in Cesare's territory, it would be difficult to forcefully take him to the hunting grounds.

Gabriel must return to his feet.

"Are you hungry? Eat this bread. huh? You liked it before."

Gabriel saw the bread in thick, dirty hands.

It looked like he was wet with sweat.

Gabriel shook his head.

"Get away!"

Triever's face wrinkled.

"It was the best time to eat! Are you saying you can't even eat these things because you're full? You slave bastard!"

Triever screamed and threw the bread. His eyes flipped. It seemed that this anger would be relieved by catching Gabriel right now and satisfying the greed that had not been achieved so far.

The sense of inferiority that had grown in the deepest part of Cesare's servants exploded.

After Gabriel disappeared, the things that they couldn't sleep will be passed by like a wind.

"Come on!!"

Triever grabbed Gabriel's slender wrist.

"No! Let this go!! Someone please help!!"

Struggling Gabriel.

But no one here was willing to help Gabriel.

The eyes of the servants looking at Gabriel were transparent.

You may feel sorry for him, but you don't want to be involved in this.

Gabriel was just a hindrance to them. A foreign substance that causes broke between Cesare and Daphne's relationship.