Chapter 24

In fact, I wasn't worried about the fact that Gabriel and Daphne seem to have a deep relationship.

Cesare was obviously jealous of Gabriel. Not Daphne.

"Then what are you talking about all of a sudden? Did the Duchess say that?"

"... She said she thought so."

"This is all your own initiative, Your Excellency!"

Joseph raised his voice.

"So it seems like this is still a problem. You shouldn't have brought that slave with you in the first place.... Then the Duchess didn't have an affair with the slave...."

"Yes. She misunderstood me."

"Oh my gosh."

Joseph shook his head.

"This is why the proportions have to be right! One person! Isn't this the problem caused by having one more person between the couple?"

Cesare put on a look of guilt for some reason. In the future, it seems that he should have an attitude of listening to other people's words.

Joseph is right. It's already happened...

Since when did he even take an interest in slaves?

If you just take him to a nearby doctor and pay it with money, there is no need to feel guilty and you are fully responsible as a lord. It's just a little bit of ignorance that has created this situation.

Cesare let out a long sigh.

"Haah... I'm glad it's been resolved though. But, I don't know that the Duchess would have thought that way... I know this is a really rude question, but... Did you have any problems at night?"

Joseph's eyes looked down. There was the sound of a warping of the desk Cesare was resting on.

"Sir Joseph? You pay attention to things that are really useless."

"Hey, I'm always worried about you two."

"It's useless to worry. Because I am healthy enough."

"Haha. Actually, it was weird at first. Suddenly, the Duke said that he would take the slave.... Didn't you listen to the disapproval of me and other knights? I didn't think you cared about the slave, but that part was strange."

"Actually, I think it's weird. At that moment, it felt like it had to be. Anyway, I'll have to be careful so this doesn't happen again."

Joseph nodded and stepped back and sat down in his seat. Cesare leaned against the chair.

Fortunately it ended well.

However, the conclusion was clear. Gabriel left and Daphne stayed with Cesare. Now the future was a problem.

'Do you like me?'

Cesare's ears reddened when he remembered his wife who had asked so boldly. Cesare coughed for nothing and straightened his posture.

Anyway, I thought it would be better to focus on Daphne to not cause such a misunderstanding. We also have to date often.

*****

It was clear that Gabriel had left with nothing. The things I had done remained in the room.

"Are you going to clean it up yourself?"

Shannet asked with a worried face.

"Yes. Keep what's here in the box. I might come back."

"Do you want to come back?"