Chapter 50

"Yes, Duke."

Cesare sighed.

This is too difficult.

It would be nice if the answer was set like solving a problem. However, emotions were not a problem that could be answered as measured by a ruler.

"I really don't know."

Joseph laughed awkwardly.

He seemed to be able to understand Cesare's confusion to some extent.

He grew up among ignorant people and was married by arrangement just like his parents.

He was a person who had never shared and interacted with anyone like that before.

Cesare has been immersed in battle since seizing the sword and all the achievements. Burstoad carried Cesare on his back and went on to win, but... Cesare may still have been staying there as a child.

Joseph kept silent for the sake of Cesare.

*****

"Hmm...."

She entered Count Peliard's mansion, burning her will to fight.

Well. What should I say?

It's also smaller than the Burstoad...

The atmosphere was slightly different. Should I say that I'm reluctant?

"Duchess, This way."

The butler who had met me looked at me strangely as I stopped walking.

"Oh yeah. guide me."

He nodded his head and started walking again. It felt like my body was rejecting this mansion.

Leading the damp steps, we arrived at the drawing room.

It's a drawing room. Do you usually greet your family in the drawing room? Not in living room?

I haven't even started yet, but I'm already embarrassed. Doubts are growing that Daphne must have grown up in a complicated family like me.

"Oh. Daphne. It's been a long time. How have you been?"

For a moment, my body trembled. It was a reflex movement that had nothing to do with my will, as if it had been imprinted.

As I turned my head to the side where I could hear the voice, I saw a woman looking up at me.

A smirk appeared on the woman's tight white face.

What should I say, she was a woman who looked very fancy on the outside, but somehow made an impression. It reminds me of insectivorous flowers

I opened my mouth with half doubt.

"... Mother?"

"Why? You still don't think so?"

The woman glared at me.

Oh, you are that woman.

Camila Peliard.

The Count's affair partner who went in and out of the mansion without fear even when Daphne's mother was alive.

And now she is the hostess of Count Peliard.

I sat comfortably in a chair. She wasn't really Daphne's mother, and I wasn't the one to be obsequious.

Then the woman suddenly scolded me for my attitude.

"You're still rude, Daphne. How can you be so uneducated? What do you do because nothing changes even after becoming a Duchess?"

What did I do...?