Chapter 33

"At that time, Daphne spoke as if passing by... His Majesty the Crown Prince likes strawberries the most, so we should make strawberry cakes."

"What? really?"

"Yes. But at the time, I thought it's not something special, didn't it? But now that I think about it, I doubt it. How did Madam know that the Crown Prince likes strawberries?"

"She might have asked."

"Oh my! Did she give strawberries to slaves? How expensive are strawberries!"

The maid pounded their chest as if frustrated.

"Besides, how much sugar goes into the cake! It's sweet food that we don't eat often either. Madam obviously knew. That the slave has noble status!"

Some of them nodded as if in agreement. And among them was Shannet.

This is because her madam had secretly told Shannet about this and that.

'Don't be too mean to Gabriel, too. He will be sad.'

Or something like.

'We need to free Gabriel, Shannet. We could all die from this.'

'Yes?'

'Uh-huh. Don't even think about something! Anyway! You must release him! Or I'll go by myself.'

The words that were said.

At that time, I just thought that madam was kind and gentle, so she was only concerned with the welfare of the slaves...

When the situation came to pass, even in Shannet's mind, doubts abruptly raised his head.

'Then what will happen to the Duke?'

Recently, Madam has been feeling better, and the Duke has also become more gentle. The atmosphere between the two of them has never been as good as it is now.

That was the first night of the festival, as Shannet was planning a bedroom full of flowers.

But, did the man who had an affair with his wife in the past come back to a noble status?

Even the Crown Prince... Isn't he handsome to suit the taste of the madam?

This... is it ok?

****

It wasn't okay at all.

Cesare took Gabriel and went straight to the office. He was a visitor to Daphne at first glance, but he did not want to leave Gabriel and Daphne alone.

I don't know what the hell was going on, he was wearing the Crown Prince's uniform.

However, it seemed like an undeniable fact that Gabriel was the bloodline that the Emperor was eagerly looking for.

Cesare clenched his teeth. His heart was pounding with the fear of not knowing what to do. The Crown Prince belonged to the Imperial Family, no matter how burlesque it was.

Cesare clenched his fist. I couldn't erase the obsessive love he had when he saw Daphne.

Seeing Daphne and Gabriel standing next to each other was terrifying, as if a nightmare from the past was being rekindled.

"... What did you come here for?"

Cesare asked in a cold voice.

"It looks like I've come to a place I couldn't come."

Gabriel said leisurely. It was not the harmless figure he had seen in front of Daphne earlier, but the figure armed with the arrogance of being born into the Royal Family.