Chapter 14

Daphne returned and Cesare closed the door to his office and sat back on the chair.

"It's the mental part."

Looking back on Cesare and Daphne's marriage, it was understable. Daphne made excuses for a romance novel, but the things she has endured and built up so far must have exploded all at once.

"Hey."

"Yes, sir."

The secretary, who had his head down on the papers, answered Cesare's call.

"Is there any way to make a lonely person not feel lonely?"

"... Did you say that she was lonely?"

Apparently, it was clear that Cesare's secretary had a spirit. Same thing when he was against Gabriel in the past. Even now.

"That is... "

"Whoa. It's understandable. It would be good to refresh the atmosphere."

"Refresh...?"

"Yes. How about a picnic?"

A picnic

"The boat ride is a pretty romantic date course."

Boat ride.

It was a very good suggestion. Of course, I planned to take Gabriel on this picnic.

Cesare's eyes flashed with possessiveness.

*****

It seems that my excuse was quite a shock to Cesare. He offered me an outing.

'There is a large lake in the hunting grounds. Let's go there and ride a boat.'

Do you feel sorry for leaving your wife and having lust with Gabriel?

Then Cesare was at least a man with a conscience. It doesn't really matter, though.

To be honest, I didn't expect that excuse would work so well. If I had known that would happen, I would have talked about the novel earlier.

Anyway, the mansion became bustling as the owner couple decided to go out. Cesare's hunting grounds were not far from the mansion, but things change when a companion is there.

We're not going to go hunting, it's a picnic, so there are probably things to prepare.

And like them, I prepared myself.

"If I stay here longer, I won't be able to eat happily."

Get ready to run right away.

The world of the R-19 BL novel is a place where reason and plan do not work. Only wit and quick execution can protect me.

To the extent that I have decided to step back without interfering between the two main characters, their actions will not be completely identical to the original.

It should be love, but maybe you feel sorry for me. Like Cesare's behavior, suggesting that we go on a picnic.

Perhaps even the hope of a safe divorce is just a dream.

See you again. I was just trying my luck, but Cesare asked me if I was having an affair with Gabriel, and asked me the other way around.

Who is cheating?

Anyway, I was less confident that the future development would only go as I expected. The worst was Cesare's saying he couldn't divorce her because he needed a wife.

Even in the original story, Daphne tried to kill Gabriel and Cesare executed her, not Daphne from the position of his wife, not throwing Daphne out of his wife's position.