Chapter 42

Daphne was shining like the sun as always. Daphne was especially pretty when she smiled.

Cesare stared blankly at Daphne. Daphne, smiling as if something cool caught her eye today.

Cesare nodded awkwardly. Daphne asked Cesare on a date first.

'First date...'

The feeling that had subsided during Gabriel's stay on the Burstoad was like soaring into the sky.

Cesare cleared his throat.

"Sure."

"Then I have to change clothes first. It's been a long time since we've had a proper date. What should we do today? Cesare, is there anything you want to do? Anything I do with Cesare is fine."

Daphne chattered.

It was also cute to hold Cesare's wrist lightly and shake it.

"Hmm, these days..."

It was Joseph, who was listening, carefully intervening between them.

"What?"

"That... Did you know that Kazakh is open?"

"Kazakh?"

Daphne's voice rose.

"Yes. Markets open to nomads are called Kazakh. They always move around, but this time they seem to have opened a market near Burstoad."

"Wow!"

"The auction is being held today, so why not attend?"

"Sure!"

Daphne turned her head and looked at Cesare. Cesare couldn't refuse the twinkling eyes that seemed to want to go.

"... We will go."

"Then I'll see you here in an hour! Get ready!"

Cesare nodded.

Daphne and the maids were excited to talk and headed to the dressing room.

"There are jewels that change color depending on the weather!"

"At the auction house?"

"Yes! And the jewel this big...."

"And?"

"There are also magic tools, but I don't know about them. Is there any magic you want to buy?"

"I don't know. You don't know where there's gonna be a miracle, do you?"

The sound of laughter disappeared along with Daphne's footsteps.

Cesare said to Joseph.

"Good job."

"Thank you."

Joseph bowed lightly.

****

Kazakh Market. In the worldview based on the Middle Ages!

Expectations arose as to how many strange things there would be.

I was thrilled to hear that I would attend an auction I had seen while reading a book.

"The maids say that the items that are coming out this time are really strange."

"Buy everything you want."

"Uh. Is that okay?"

This guy doesn't know that money is scary! The more I spent, the more pricey it was.

"Of course. Our estate is on the wealthy side."

"Really. Aren't you surprised?"

Feels like scratching an unlimited credit card!