Chapter 11

After a tough time, Gabriel's health improved a lot. I was worried about him, but fortunately, the medicine I brought seemed to work well.

I think his body is better now so I prepared a present for him. It was a strawberry cake.

One of the things I liked most about entering this novel was the mansion's chef.

He was so good at cooking that I was now able to eat foods that he had never eaten in Korea.

Besides, how delicious is this fresh cream strawberry cake made by the chef.

Therefore, it must have become Gabriel's favorite food.

"Madam?"

"Yes?"

"Are you on your way to that slave again?"

Shannet asked in a low voice. As if she was worried that anyone around would hear it.

I nodded my head.

"Yes. His cold seems to be getting better to some extent, so I'm going to bring him something delicious. why?"

"I, that...."

Fortunately for Gabriel, Cesare seems to have never visited Gabriel while he was sick.

How sad it must have been to see a man who worked together every day on the bed.

What Gabriel needed now was warm comfort. Also delicious strawberry cake.

After all, the real power of this novel is Gabriel, the protagonist, right?

With this kind of devotion, life on the flower path after divorce was guaranteed.

As expected, no one can beat the protagonist, right?

"Ma-madam..."

"Yes?"

Shannet looked at me with dim eyes and shook her head.

"What?"

"That ..Wouldn't it be better to give your excellency the cake?"

"To Cesare?"

Shannet nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes. It's a cake prepared by madam so the master will be very pleased when madam visits."

"Well..."

As I looked down at the delicious strawberry-topped cake, I thought for a moment. But it soon came to a conclusion.

"It's okay."

"However... "

"And Cesare hates sweets."

Did you see Male lead like whipped cream cake? They are a diseased race that will die within a minute from eating sweets.

Besides, I don't think I need to bring this cake to Cesare.

Will I be able to see him now? Giving a cake as a gift is nothing more than following Daphne's steps in the original story.

"But..."

Shannet continued to hold me back as if she was offended.

"It's okay, don't worry."

Shannet smiles awkwardly. Still, it seemed that the servants had not given up hope between me and Cesare.

It is probably because of the fact that I formed a better relationship with the servants than Daphne in the original work.

Daphne in the original work was a character who was respected and loved by servants just because she was a Duchess.