Chapter 16

"Have you finished eating?"

"Ah. I ate enough"

"Me too. I think I ate a lot."

Unknowingly, I became dull.

One of the saddest things about leaving this place was that I would never eat this dish again.

The chef at the Duke mansion was really good at cooking. He delighted the palate with gourmet dishes that I had never tried in my previous life.

To never eat it again. It's sad in many ways.

But I didn't intend to be a full-bodied pig.

I'd rather be hungry. Than to die here!

So, I ate a lot, really, to enjoy the last meal.

I patted my chubby belly and glanced at Cesare's plate.

There was still food left on Cesare's plate, probably because he had no appetite.

"Cesare, aren't you going to eat that?"

"... Would you like to eat it?"

"Yes!"

I nodded my head broadly. Even in a crowd, I will put it in my stomach.

fufu.

With a hum, I took another bite of the sandwich, which is a fantastic harmony of crunchy lettuce, sour tomato and sauce, and savory and light meat.

It's really good.

*****

Cesare pondered Daphne's words throughout the meal.

'That person must become an eunuch.'

'Let me know that if he goes around like that, I will get him a big nose injury...'

Cesare's head rang. Daphne's eyes were burning with anger when she said those words, and I feel creepy for an instant.

Cesare had a lot of thoughts because of Daphne's words. Perhaps one of the reasons Daphne avoided Cesare and was disappointed with him was that he doubted her affair.

So Cesare was looking back on the past.

Cesare often stayed out.

It wasn't for any other reason, it was an unavoidable overnight stay for business.

Cesare was running a large brewery that not only ruled the estate, but also handled high-quality Western liquor. That was the specialty of the Cesare estate.

It is true that he has been busy since marriage as he exported that high-quality Western liquor this time and delivered it to the royal family of another country.

So, as I traveled a long way, I often stayed out for a night... So the time Daphne was alone was quite long.

'Is that why you did that?'

That was enough to make Daphne feel lonely and sad. In addition, it could have inflated misunderstandings about Cesare.

Cesare sighed.

I don't know where it got twisted. Because of Cesare's personality, he doesn't know where and what he did, so it's like that.

Even though I thought we could clear up the misunderstanding now, I feel a little embarrassed.

Cesare saw Daphne eating the sandwich with a happy face.

I've heard reports that the amount Daphne is eating has increased over the past few days. It was strange because Daphne had so much news, but that wasn't a bad thing. Because I often thought that Daphne was very thin.