Chapter 39

I was going to take this opportunity to be more passionate about making friends with Gabriel.

How can you think of stealing my husband when I've been so nice to you?

No matter how much Gabriel is the main character of the novel.

Aren't I too smart? I'm a scheming girl. I have a plan!

Gabriel nodded to my question, apparently unaware of my dark innermost thoughts.

"Yeah, Daphne. I'm really fine now."

Gabriel smiles pitifully.

It doesn't look good at all.

I felt sorry for Gabriel. I don't know why only bad things happen to him. So that's why I can't even kick him out.

"What do you want to eat? Shall I bring you some of the food that you ate before? Well, I think I ate the cream soup too...."

"... I think I could eat a little of it."

Gabriel said in a soft voice. After the injury, he said he had no appetite and hadn't eaten properly.

That's why he's so skinny.

I sighed deeply with concern.

"Then I'll bring you some cream soup."

"... I guess people hate me."

As I was about to leave, Gabriel grabbed me with a crying face and a weak voice.

"What do you mean?"

"Before in the hunting ground... And the butler... Everyone seems to want to hurt me. Did I do something wrong?"

It was a look that I couldn't help but be heartbroken.

What did he eat to look like this?

Gabriel, the most beautiful man in this world, had an aura that even the most beautiful country could not overcome.

Ugh, so dazzling

Yes, I admit it!

"It's not like that, Gabriel."

I patted Gabriel, who was showing symptoms of depression.

I had no choice but to leave the cream soup to the maid and stay by Gabriel's side.

When he's weak like this, it's the easiest to penetrate, comforting, and strengthening our relationship.

"They're bad people, and Gabriel did nothing wrong. I'm telling you, I like Gabriel so much."

"... I like Daphne too."

Gabriel mumbled, blushing.

If you say things like that with a face like that, the country will be blown away.

It seemed that Cesare's mind in the novel was understandable.

Of course, I'm struggling because I'm falling for his face, but I thought I needed to be careful just in case.

Fortunately, Gabriel favored me.

Yeah, that heart doesn't change. I'm keeping what you said. You shouldn't take my man away if you say you like me, right?

I patted Gabriel on the shoulder and comforted him.

"We are good friends. Can't you help me whenever I'm in trouble?"

Gabriel smiled.

The build-up of favorability was proceeding smoothly.

By the way, he's still Gabriel, even after he regains his memory. Unlike in the novel.