Chapter 15

Cesare wrapped Daphne's shoulders and lifted the parasol.

"Let's go over there."

"Yeah."

Daphne laughed softly.

"It's nice to come out like this. I meant to come out earlier. I wish I knew you were so lonely..."

Cesare frowned.

Actually, when he heard such a story from Daphne, his mind was complicated. If that was the reason Daphne looked at Gabriel, then Cesare was right.

The two were married by arrangement as a result of family unity.

And there was no love between Cesare and Daphne, and if the two agreed, they could meet the other gender.

Most of the nobles living in this world lived like that.

No matter how angry Cesare was, if Daphne wanted it, social custom could not stop him. That was the point that made Cesare boil.

I don't like Daphne seeing Gabriel.

I held it and tried to hold it, because telling this to others could cause ridicule.

Wouldn't it be better to put some effort into it instead? Cesare had no reason why he couldn't do what that a slave did.

If the slave attracted Daphne's attention with a delicate and neat appearance, Cesare only needs to show adult-like tenderness.

His secretary advised that it was okay to show a sincere side, but for Cesare, who had been indifferent all his life, that wouldn't be easy. So I got a little help from my secretary.

Holding the parasol directly and wrapping the shoulder was the kindness he recommended.

Cesare smiled awkwardly.

"Thanks for saying that, Cesare. Thank you for caring about me."

Daphne smiled wider as she said that.

Cesare thought that the two of them had a sense of connection to some extent.

'I don't know what Daphne was thinking inside.'

*****

Gabriel's eyes were filled with anger and disappeared as he saw the back of Daphne and Cesare.

Cesare firmly ordered Gabriel to accompany him on every schedule today. Gabriel had a basket in his hand and a shawl for Daphne.

He was a far different look from Cesare, who was carrying a parasol and wrapped around Daphne's shoulder.

It was clear that Cesare was trying to make Gabriel realize the difference.

Because Gabriel had Daphne's favor, but Cesare didn't have a single piece of Daphne's heart!

It was something that Daphne could tell from the dry gaze of Cesare.

Then shouldn't Cesare make concessions for Daphne's happiness?

The other day, on the way to work, I accidentally overheard a conversation between Cesare and Daphne.

'We are getting a divorce.'

It was definitely Daphne's voice. Daphne was hoping for a divorce from Cesare!

Of course, Gabriel couldn't take responsibility for Daphne. But it was clear that Daphne hated him enough to wish for a divorce.

So Cesare had to let Daphne go. However.

'What do you mean?'

Cesare ignored Daphne's sincerity.

Hearing Cesare's words, Gabriel's eyes lit up.