Chapter 31

"But how do you know who killed him? How else do you know that he got killed?"

"They say he had his head cut off. Before he dies, there is someone screaming! I guess so, And the people who were working there saw strange people coming and going."

Shannet slit her throat.

Whoa! creepy.. I rubbed my arm.

"Then you're saying that there's a high chance they set the fire? I've seen a lot of strange people coming and going, but all I've seen is a Triever face."

"Yes! So, they started the search now. I wish they could catch the culprit... The surrounding area was burnt down, so I don't know if they will be able to find it."

"I wish they could catch the culprit sooner."

I nodded my head broadly. However, it was fortunate that the fire went out and no one was seriously injured. Except for the hunting groundskeeper.

"Oh, so what about the festival? There is still time left."

The festival is held for 7 days. I heard that a large amount of alcohol is sold here and grain trades are made here that make this festival important.

It was one of the passages that determined the profit of the land. Those who had prepared for a year had no choice but to be sad.

"... The people of the estate have been preparing for a year..."

"I don't know about that either."

Shannet shook her head gently. And the answer could be obtained from Cesare. Cesare, apparently at the scene of the fire all night, returned late in the afternoon.

****

"Cesare!"

"Daphne. Good job. Are there any injuries?"

"Me? You have to worry about me, what about Cesare!"

"I'm okay. We still have to work on the restoration, but no one was hurt. I think we will have to close the hunting grounds for a while."

"Haah..."

"So that's the thing, Daphne."

Cesare wiped his tired face with his palm.

A sigh flowed out.

Restoration work is also hectic right now, but to end the festival like this, one year of farming would be a mess. The damage would be inflicted on the people of the estate and others .

I don't know which rogue bastard set the fire, but it had to be dealt with immediately.

In addition, the hunting ground where the fire broke out this time was a place frequented by the royal family. If even a culprit is caught, you may hear some nonsense.

It was tiring, but it was an unavoidable inconvenience as an aristocrat belonging to a country.

However, since we couldn't stop the festival, someone had to take care of the work for the young people who were frustrated.

And Joseph recommended Daphne.

'Handed festival to Daphne? You said before, you said Daphne ran away because I gave her too much work, isn't it?'

'Of course it was. But thinking about it, I think that might not be the case. Didn't Madam finish this festival after all? Maybe Madam thinks that if you don't entrust her with work, you won't recognize her!'

Joseph was always better than Cesare on the romantic side. So he came to think that he would do it again this time.

'And Madam is the one who leads this territory together with you! I think you can always ask for help when you're in trouble!'