Chapter 25

"Are you worried? You're afraid I'll overdo it."

"......"

"But it's okay. Just playing with cherry makes me feel really bad. Decent work is necessary. Oh, by the way, how is the festival going? I think I'm almost done with the preparations. Still, I think it'll be okay if I finish it myself... and."

I swallowed for a moment. Now is the time to speak. Enough evidence!

"The butler was embezzling the duke's budget."

"I know."

"The evidence here... You know?"

Cesare nodded. He glanced at the papers on Daphne's desk and added.

"I saw the documents you prepared."

"Ah..."

"It was pretty helpful. Good work."

For a moment, it felt like my ears were burning. Was it because I was praised? Even when Cesare says he likes me, it feels like my calm heart suddenly beats.

Somehow I got a little embarrassed.

"What do you mean? Anyway. I can take charge of the festival again. I never wanted to throw everything away and run away. I thought it would be better to do all of the work here."

"... So is it really okay to work?"

"If Cesare would let me do it again."

It was physically inappropriate for me to just play and eat. I enjoyed the vacation enough.

I wanted to be a Duchess who did what I had to do. I wanted to make a name for myself that when I went down in history I was a wise duchess.

"... If you wish, do it. I will have Shannet move the necessary things."

"Thank you. Oh, but Cesare."

I remembered the ending of the criminal that I had read in the original.

Cut off your fingers and kick them out of the realm.

It is a cruel punishment like the R-19 novel.

"Uh, the butler. Do you have to cut off his fingers?"

"... It's okay if you don't want it. As long as there are other appropriate punishments, it is okay to do so."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Haah... I'm glad. I didn't want to follow such barbaric laws.

Cesare glanced at me once more and left.

Not long after that, Shannet returned. But Shannet said that she didn't bring the documents I had been waiting for. Behind Shannet were two servants. With something in their hand.

"Du-Duchess. If you sit on the floor like that, you will catch a cold. Come here quickly. Your Majesty the Duke told me to put thick rugs on the floor."

"Huh?"

"Hurry up."

At Shannet's urging, I immediately woke up. I was afraid of strangers, so I grabbed cherry behind me and ran out of the office. Then the servants started laying rugs on the floor of the office.

"... Cesare did that?"

"Yes, madam."

Haah... He's a cute guy.

Actually, if it looked bad, I would have said something like sit on the sofa, but I quietly watched it from behind. Is this the same as 'Do what you want, I will take the responsibility'?