Chapter 40

Without realizing it, I almost kissed Cesare. It might have been if Cesare hadn't pulled the bell string.

The timing is not good.

Still, the meal that maids prepared was delicious. Cesare stayed by my side until I finished the meal and went back to his room.

Haah.

"Cherry. I think Cesare doesn't know my heart. right?"

"Bark!"

Cherry replied. The way she wags her tail was so cute.

Instead of Cesare, I hugged Cherry and fell asleep.

*****

The next day, as soon as morning came, Daphne rushed out to nurse Gabriel

Gabriel brings a book to read?

He said that if he just sits still in bed, he might be bored.

Cesare grit his teeth.

Joseph took a step back, avoiding Cesare, who was spreading darkness around him.

Because if he touches him, he may get angry for nothing.

It was time to go out again through the door that Joseph came in, saying that he was going to be absent from work today.

"Joseph."

"Yes."

I think he was lowering his head. When did you see me?

Cesare beckoned Joseph to come here.

Joseph rolled his eyes and crawled right in front of Cesare.

"So far, nothing has gone wrong by doing what you told me."

Ah, that's why.

There was only one reason why Cesare praised Joseph like that. It's because of Daphne.

The mansion was buzzing with stories about the return of a slave named Gabriel as the Crown Prince.

However, the slave who succeeded in reversing his status was injured by rolling down the stairs, and Daphne is now nursing Gabriel.

That was the only reason Cesare would dig into the ground like that.

Joseph clicked his tongue briefly.

"What would you like to do this time?"

"... The surest way is for the Crown Prince to quickly become emperor. Then he will not be able to leave the Imperial Castle."

"It's a problem because it doesn't work out the way you want it to."

That's true.

Joseph nodded eagerly.

"Obviously Daphne likes me."

Joseph made a serious face.

First of all, I thought I should know why Cesare had such great confidence.

"Why do you think so?"

"Daphne is my wife. Isn't that normal? The couple should be next to each other. Actually, the feeling of liking is not that important."

Oh dear...

Joseph looked at Cesare with a pitiful expression on his face.

It's such a stupid idea... Cesare sometimes acted like a 60-year-old, stuck conservative old man.

"And?"

"She named the dog Cherry."

Cesare said with a proud look as if there was no evidence like this.