Chapter 1

Happy Eras Tour kickoff day!!

Word Count: 2679

Averie's POV

Today's the day that Daddy's home.  Grandma told me that he flew in yesterday and went to work. She said I might be able to see him after school today!

I'm so excited, I make sure to grab all my important things and put them in my backpack. I wanna show Daddy all my pretty pictures.

I bounce down the last stair before hurrying to the kitchen for breakfast. Grandma made eggs and toast. I can smell it even before I enter the kitchen.

"Good morning Averie!" Grandpa greets me first.

"Good morning! Did you know that I get to see Daddy today?" I gleefully remind him.

"Really is that today?" He jokes as he carefully helps me take off my backpack.

"Yes! I have no more sleeps!" I cheer.

"Wow, that's very special," Grandpa lifts me into my booster seat and helps me buckle it so I can eat.

"I know. I brought all my things to show him," I share before Grandma chimes in as she sets down our plates.

"Is that why your backpack looks so full, honey?"

"Yeah, everything is important!" I defend. Daddy hasn't been home in nearly seven months, so I've got to show him everything. He didn't even come home for Christmas last year. Grandma took home he was working but i don't know if that's true because Patrick said he was with his girlfriend in Pennsylvania. I don't know where that is but I didn't like it. Daddy should be with me on Christmas and he doesn't have a girlfriend. I'm pretty sure he's too young to date.

"Yes they are important but maybe instead of taking them to school you could remind Daddy that we're having family dinner tonight?" Grandma proposes.

"Hmm maybe, if I remember," I giggle at Grandpa's funny face.

"Richard! You're distracting her," Grandma scolds.

"Sorry, but just look how cute she is today," he tries to defend.

"I don't care how cute she is if we have to carry her twenty kilogram backpack to school," Grandma exclaims, making Grandpa roll his eyes. She must be being dramatic, he always rolls his eyes then.

"Oh don't be dramatic, we'll empty it out before she leave. Why isn't Joe here this morning?"

"He has work I think," Grandma answers before taking a sip of her tea.

"Well I hope he remembers that life isn't all about work," Grandpa huffs before digging his nose in the newspaper.

———

"Hey! Tiny!" Uncle Tom greets me at the door of my classroom. We only have a half day since it's Friday.

"Uncle Tom, can we go see Daddy?" I bounce on my toes excitedly. I miss my daddy a lot!

Joe's POV

I hear my front door buzz open as I peel open my eyes. Blinking hard I take in my surroundings before smiling softly at my girlfriend who was still passed out. We flew in midday yesterday before exploring my town like tourists.

If I could make her giggle and smile like that every day I would. Her nose scrunches as she tilts her head nearly every time she laughs. After a late dinner we came back to my place and continued enjoying our day well into the night. That is how we ended up here both half naked and exhausted.