Chapter 36

Word Count: 3689

Averie's POV

I woke up early but was still tired. I checked to make sure everyone was still in my bed. Piglet was beside me, Daisy on the other side, and Dibbles was at my feet.

Meredith doesn't like to sleep in here. I'm not sure why, when I asked she didn't respond. She just ran away.

I stuck Daisy in my shirt before grabbing my blanket and heading off to Taylor's room. When I got there the door was locked. Why was the door locked?

Do they not want me anymore? Did I do something wrong? Was it because I said Mummy was bad? I started hyperventilating and crying at the same time. I just wanna see my Daddy and Taylor. Today was our last day in Nashville, our long vacation was coming to an end whether I liked it or not.

The door opened sometime during my meltdown and someone scooped me up. By their floral scent, I could tell it was Taylor.

"Shh, it's okay, I've got you."

I clung on to her like a sloth, never wanting to let go. Taylor pressed kisses into my hair and I dug my snotty face into her shoulder. I missed her. Why did they lock the door?

I didn't register anything until we ended up back in my room. It must've been still early in the day because Taylor decided we should go back to bed. She lowered the bed gates and maneuvered us to get under the blankets after she moved Piglet over.

I slowly started to take deeper breaths until my breathing had calmed down. I think the daily nebulizer is helping. I didn't even realize that Taylor was humming until then. Apparently, she had been humming a song for me but I didn't hear her. It doesn't matter though I just wanted someone to hold me.

I moved my head down a little lower so that I could hear Taylor's heartbeat. She ran her hand up and down my back under my pajama shirt. It felt nice. She hummed a song as I soaked up her comfort. I held onto her shirt tightly as her humming turned into singing.

"Your little hand's wrapped around my [PJs]"

Taylor giggled through her singing as my eyes started to fall.

"And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreamin'
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have honey
If you could stay like that"

"I love you, hmm do you know that?" Taylor pecked my forehead, " I love you so much, even if you don't care or are mad at me."

"I'd give all I have honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little"

"I luv you," I whispered tiredly as I squeezed her just a bit tighter. She returned my sentiment with another head kiss. I slipped my hand just under her shirt like she does when she rubs my back, so I could be closer to her.

She squirmed a little, I think my hand was cold but it's okay. She didn't seem mad. I wrapped my fingers around the strap of her tank top. I felt tired and comfy and more than safe.

"Oh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up
Never grow up." Taylor finished off the song as I drifted to sleep.