Chapter 45

I was gonna publish this tomorrow but I figured you might want it today. Beware there's lot of fluff & drama ahead 🫡 !

Word Count: 4073

Taylor's POV

The decision to create a more stable routine for Averie led us to explore the idea of making New York our more permanent home. However, as fate would have it, our next chapter unfolded in the vibrant city of Los Angeles, California. Joe is filming his next movie here so I decided to tag along, which allowed Averie to do so as well. She's supposed to be in pre-kindergarten but we haven't had the time to enroll her in one yet. Who knew pre-schools would be so competitive?

The warm sun bathed the palm-lined streets as we settled into my Beverly Hills residence. Averie, still recovering from her ear infection, seemed to find solace in the change of scenery. She finished the antibiotics when they were in London but she says it still hurts sometimes. However part of me believes it's for attention since that's what my mom suggested as well. Joe mentioned that she told him she wanted to go home so she could see her normal doctors, she didn't know that the USA had doctors too. That made me feel a little better about carting her around the world but I still want her to have a more stable life. I'm still anxious about having her undertake such a big move so soon but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. This is only temporary for now.

As the day unfolded, I found myself engrossed in the creative process of working on my new album. Averie, curious and spirited, was content to continue exploring the house with Daisy, Olivia, and Meredith in tow. The spacious house provided her with a new canvas for exploration, and she eagerly embraced the adventure of discovering every nook and cranny. Joe, on the other hand, had to leave for the set early this morning.

Averie's POV

"Taylor, what are you doing?" I asked, peering over the back of the couch where she sat surrounded by papers and a guitar.

"I'm working on some new songs, sweetheart," she smiled, patting the space beside her. "Want to sit with me while I write?"

I nodded, settling in next to her. Olivia curled up in my lap, and Meredith sprawled out at our feet. Meredith doesn't like Daisy but she still hangs out with me, just at a distance. Taylor began strumming her guitar, the soothing melody filling the room. I watched her fingers dance across the strings, captivated by the magic she created. I clapped loudly when she finished, making sure to cheer her on properly. I liked that song. It's about dancing and kissing I think. The kissing is gross but dancing is fun.

As Taylor continued to immerse herself in the creative process, I picked up a nearby sketchpad and crayons. The blank pages became my canvas, and I let my imagination flow. I'm drawing a picture of Taylor's house for her. Taylor continued playing as she mumbled to herself, stopping and starting as she worked.

Taylor's POV

"I think it's time for your nap, babe," I grimaced as I mentioned the subject. Averie was going through what Joe had coined as her terrible twos squared. The devil child has been very aggressive and sassy this week. With Joe on set this week, unfortunately, that left me alone with the sass queen.

"I don't think so," she glared in defiance.

"It's one o'clock so if you wanna stay up with Daddy and me to watch a movie then you need to take a nap. If not, then you'll have to go to bed early."

"I wanna watch a movie!"

"Alright then let's go upstairs," I reached my hand out and Averie eagerly grabbed it.

Upon reaching Averie's room, I thought it was safe to assume that the girl was turning over a new leaf. After five days of refusing to nap, I had finally worn her down.