Chapter 20

Word Count: 1395

Averie's POV

"Uncle Patty, did you know that Taylor bought me this cup?" I show him my new kitty cat cup.

"I did not but that is very kind of her. Did you make sure to say thank you?"

"Well I wasn't feeling good so not at first but I did the next day," I explain to him. I told him about my asthma attack earlier.

"What else do you like about Taylor?" Uncle Patty asks.

"She's pretty and she likes hugs. She likes coloring with me. She bought me a kitty cat cup and she even took me to get yogurt with Daddy. She has a cool friend named Greg who thinks I'm the coolest kid ever. I know because he told me one day. She had a tea party with me yesterday and we had real tea, well it was apple juice but Taylor told me it was better than tea."

"Wow, you seem to really like her," Uncle Patty comments.

"I do, I hope she can stay forever," I hum in appreciation as I color in my blue cat.

"You do?" Uncle Patty is shocked by my confession.

"I do, she said if Daddy said it's okay then I can meet her cats. She has two cats. One has white fur and her name is Dibbles. Taylor said she is really nice and funny. Her other cat is grey and she is not as nice but I bet she will like me. Do you think the grey cat would like me?"

"I do," Uncle Patty colors in his penguin.

Uncle Patty and I had pizza for dinner then made rootbeer floats. I loved it. It was delicious. Uncle Patty showed me a few of Taylor's old music videos before I went to bed. Apparently, she's really famous but I'm not entirely convinced. She also said that she wasn't an actor, but Uncle Patty says she acts in her music videos. So that's really confusing. I will have to ask her tomorrow.

I'm excited for tomorrow. Daddy and Taylor said that we will have a private concert which sounds soo cool. I've never been to a concert that I can remember so it will be my first.

"Piglet, you should be so excited for tomorrow. We get to spend the entire day with Daddy and Taylor. He doesn't have to go to work and I don't school but that's because it's the weekend," I squirm with excitement.

I woke up early, well earlier than normal. My clock had a seven on it which I think is early but I wanted it to go see Daddy and Taylor.

I grabbed my piglet and jumped out of my bed. Flinging open my door I ran towards Daddy's room and pulled his door open.

It was still a little dark but it didn't look like anyone was in there. That's not right. They said they'd be back.

I go over to the bed and throw piglet on it before using both my hands to climb up. It's empty. Why is it empty? Are they already awake?

"Uncle Patty?" I scream as I run into the living room.

"What?" He groans from his nest on the couch.

"Uncle Patty, they're gone," I shout as I hold my piglet close.

"Huh? Who's gone?" He doesn't quite register the panic in my voice.

"Where's Daddy and Taylor?" I ask next.

"Um, uh, I don't know," he wipes his face as he sits up to look at me properly. Why isn't my Daddy here?

"Did they tell you? Why aren't they here? They said they would be," I start talking a million miles a minute.

"I don't know," he sighs like he's annoyed or tired.