Chapter 13

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio was unable to sleep, so he was watching vines on his computer. He paused his video when he heard Kurapika letting out pained noises.

Leorio was on the couch, yet it sounded as if Kurapika was next to him. Leorio ran to the bedroom to find Kurapika asleep.

Leorio flipped Kurapika onto his back and shook him awake.

Kurapika jolted awake, and the first thing Leorio noticed was Kurapika had red eyes. He wasn't sure if they were always red, but-

"Get away!" Kurapika screamed, trying to push Leorio away.

"What happened?" Leorio quietly asked, moving his hands from Kurapika's arms to his face. Kurapika gasped. The blond only grabbed Leorio's hands and started crying. Leorio pulled Kurapika into a hug.

"I'm sorry," Kurapika meekly said.

"It's okay. Do you wanna talk about what happened?" Leorio asked. Kurapika nodded.

"It's a long story though."

"I can listen."

Kurapika pulled away and looked at his lap.

"I'm part of the Kurta clan. I'm the last living member. My clan was massacred by the spiders." Kurapika took a shaky breath. Leorio placed a hand on Kurapika's shoulder to let him know he could take his time. "I was away, looking for a doctor for my friend." Kurapika burst into sobs.

"Take your time. I'm not going anywhere," Leorio assured, squeezing Kurapika's shoulder. The man nodded.

"My clan, got massacred because I was selfish, and didn't tell the village elder my eyes had turned red when I was in the outer world. Because of me, they died," Kurapika cried, curling into a ball. Leorio frowned.

"How old were you when this happened?"

"Twelve."

"I'm so sorry. You should've been playing with your friends, and doing whatever else you did before that happened."

"The worst part is. The spiders, they harvested the Kurta's eyes that turned red, and sold them for money." Kurapika started crying again.

Leorio pulled Kurapika into a hug. "You didn't deserve that. Nor did your clan. I'm here for you. I care about you, and nothing will change that," they said.

Kurapika nodded. "Can you stay with me today? Please?"

"I'll see what I can do. If I can't, I'll call you as much as I can. If not, I'll text you, okay?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika nodded.

"Thank you."

Leorio laid on his back, and Kurapika hesitated, but laid on top of Leorio. They wrapped their arms around Kurapika's torso and waited for him to fall asleep.

Once Kurapika fell asleep, Leorio kissed the top of his head.

"Sleep well sunshine, I love you," Leorio murmured.

Oh shit.