Chapter 17

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Leorio had gone to bed hours ago, but Kurapika couldn't. He was reading in his study, but now he was staring out the window, into the streets below.

Leorio. Asked him. On a date.

Kurapika leaned back in his chair. He stared at the ceiling. The restaurant was called Gruppo. It was a nice little restaurant, so Kurapika didn't have to wear anything too fancy. He sighed and got out of his chair and over to the shelf and pulled the box off.

Kurapika walked back to his desk and opened it.

He pulled out the gold and navy tabard with the matching skirt. He also pulled out the undergarments that went with the outfit. He placed them on the desk and closed the box. He put it back where it was.

He'd wear it to the date.

'Leorio probably wants to eat out for a change. They're always at school, or here.' Kurapika thought.

He sat back in the chair and leaned back so he was staring at the ceiling. He rested his hands over his chest. He shivered.

Kurapika sighed and walked to the bedroom, where Leorio was snoring away. Kurapika crawled in beside him.

The bed shifted.

Kurapika looked at Leorio, who was still asleep, but now facing Kurapika. The blond sighed and snuggled close to the tall man.

'Usually Leorio initiates intimacy.' Kurapika thought as Leorio pulled him close in his sleep. Kurapika yawned and closed his eyes, falling asleep.

---

Kurapika awoke to an empty bed and the smell of bacon. He sat up and winced. He looked down and groaned. He'd fallen asleep in his binder. He walked to the dresser and grabbed his sleep shirt and a pair of shorts. He changed out of the clothes he slept in and into something more comfy.

Kurapika walked to the kitchen and sat at the island. He placed his arms on the island and buried his head in his arms. Kurapika was glad Leorio had his back to him.

"Hey, sunshine. How are ya feelin'?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika let out an angry groan. "I accidentally slept in my binder."

"That sucks. After I'm done cooking, I'm going to check the sides of your ribs for any bruising," Leorio said somewhat firmly.

"Alright. You can check my back too," Kurapika said. He lifted his head and his face went hotter than a cast iron skillet in an oven. Leorio was shirtless, which showed off his muscles, and he was in boxers, which made his ass look amazing. "Why am I like this?" Kurapika muttered in Kurtan. He looked at the marble top of the island and traced his finger along the patterns.

"Did you take off your binder this morning?"

Kurapika looked up, and Leorio was plating the bacon.

"Yeah. I'm not stupid," Kurapika spat.

Leorio snorted. "Sure."

Kurapika rolled his eyes as Leorio placed the plate of bacon on the island.

"Come on. I gotta make sure you're okay," Leorio said, taking the apron off. Kurapika nodded and followed Leorio to the bathroom. He tried not to think about what Leorio looked like without the apron and the boxers.

Kurapika entered the bathroom and sat on the toilet. He rolled his shirt up, stopping under his breasts. He closed his eyes, letting Leorio examine him.

"You have some bruising. It's worse on your right side. I'm going to put some cream on your bruises. It might be cold, and it might sting after a while," Leorio explained. Kurapika nodded.

Kurapika flinched when Leorio touched his right side. He could tell Leorio was trying to be gentle as he applied the cream. Kurapika took deep breaths as Leorio moved to his left side and started applying the cream.

"Okay, all good. Try to not wear your binder until your bruises heal. I can get you some trans tape if you want," Leorio said, patting Kurapika on the shoulder. Kurapika let go of his shirt.

"I've used trans tape, and it doesn't get rid of my dysphoria as well as this shirt or my binders," Kurapika explained.

"Okay, so are you okay with not binding for a while?"

"Yeah, but what about our date tonight?" Kurapika worried.

"It can wait. I'd rather you be comfortable than in pain. Now, have you worn your binder when we would... uh..." Leorio snapped their fingers, looking for a word.

"I know what you mean, and yes. I'm sorry," Kurapika said, curling up into a ball.

"Okay. Promise you won't do that? You can wear the shirt you're wearing now if that makes you feel more comfortable," Leorio said.

"Okay. I'll do that," Kurapika said, his voice small. He felt small too, especially with Leorio being upset with him.

"Thank you. Hug?"

Kurapika nodded and stood up, pulling Leorio into a hug. Leorio hugged back.

"I'm not mad or upset, I'm glad we found a middle ground," Leorio said, stroking the back of Kurapika's head. Kurapika nodded.

"Thank you again."