Chapter 24

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika was snacking on popcorn in the kitchen when he saw Alluka walk in.

"You're awake," Kurapika said. He saw she was wearing Hello Kitty pajamas and had her hair in a high ponytail.

Alluka nodded. "My big brother kept moving in his sleep. It woke me up," she explained.

Kurapika nodded. "Leorio moves in his sleep. It wakes me too."

Alluka giggled. Kurapika smiled softly, when he realized something. He only had enough food for him and Leorio.

"I don't know what you and Killua like to eat, do you want to come shopping with me to pick out food the two of you like?" Kurapika offered.

"Sure," Alluka said with a shrug. "I need to get changed." She added. Kurapika nodded to show he was listening.

Kurapika put the popcorn away and dusted his clothes off to remove any crumbs. He walked to where he kept his reusable grocery bags and grabbed them.

He walked back to the kitchen and sat at the island.

After a few minutes, Alluka walked out wearing a white T-shirt and a pleated denim skirt.

"Ready?" Kurapika asked. Alluka nodded, so he started walking to the door. He put his shoes on and waited for Alluka to put her shoes on.

They walked out and to Kurapika's car.

"I think we should also get you some clothes. I don't know how many clothes you have with you," Kurapika said when they were in the car.

"Okay," Alluka said, sounding scared. Kurapika looked at her with worry.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Alluka nodded.

Kurapika looked at the stearing wheel and started backing out. He decided to drive to a nearby mall.

The drive to the mall was quiet until Alluka spoke up. "Can I play some of my music?" Alluka asked.

"Go ahead. Just plug your phone into the car and play," Kurapika said.

After Alluka set up her phone, a metal band started to play. Kurapika recognized the band and the song, but he couldn't remember their name.

"What band is this? I recognise them, and their name is on the tip of my tongue, but I don't remember," Kurapika said.

"System of a Down. Their music is a huge comfort of mine. I really wanna get some of their merch," Alluka said.

Kurapika chuckled. "You're in luck; the mall we're going to has a Hot Topic, so they might have some of their stuff."

"Really? We can go there?"

Kurapika nodded.

"You're the best! My parents never let me go their cause they said the store sells inappropriate stuff."

Kurapika laughed. "I've been there a few times. I think your parents got Hot Topic confused with Spencer's."

"Oh."

The rest of the ride, which wasn't long, was quiet. They got to the mall and Kurapika let Alluka lead the way.

They reached Hot Topic, and Kurapika decided to look at some of their earrings. He didn't really shop at Hot Topic as their stuff never interested him, but today he decided to try and buy something.

After a minute, he found some earrings with knife charms, so he bought those. He decided to look for Alluka, who was by the Hello Kitty section.

He walked over to her and noticed she had a trans pin in the shape of a heart. Kurapika decided not to press her about it. It wasn't his business.

"Hard time deciding?" Kurapika asked. Alluka turned around and nodded.

"I don't know if I want the cardigan or not," Alluka said.

"Do you wear cardigans?"

"Only in the fall."

"Then get it."

Alluka stared at Kurapika, her eyes wide as sugar plums. Kurapika only nodded.

"Don't worry about the price. You need clothes," Kurapika said.

Alluka only nodded in response and grabbed the cardigan. She then walked to the band shirts with Kurapika following. He looked for a System of a Down shirt.

"What's your shirt size?" Kurapika asked.

"Medium."

Kurapika nodded and eventually found a System of a Down shirt. He grabbed one in Alluka's side and handed it to her.

"I'm ready to check out," she said. Kurapika could hear the anxiety in her voice. Instead of trying to press her to buy more clothes, he walked to the register and checked out.

"Let's get some food," Alluka said as soon as they left the store.

"Okay."