Chapter 25

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika sighed and rested his head against the steering wheel.

"Gods I hate people," Kurapika huffed.

He might be fucked.

Alluka found out he was trans because some asshole decided to misgender Kurapika. When Kurapika called the blonde out on it, he got accused of being trans, to which Kurapika responded with, "So what? It doesn't matter."

He saw Alluka's horrified look when Kurapika responded.

"Do you want me to drive?" Alluka asked.

"No."

Kurapika sat up and buckled himself into the car. He drove back to the apartment complex. He carried the groceries in, put everything away, and looked for Leorio.

Kurapika walked to their bedroom and found his boyfriend lying on the bed, scrolling on their phone.

Kurapika walked over and flopped next to Leorio.

"What happened, sunshine?" Leorio asked. Those words made Kurapika's lip quiver, and he didn't understand why.

"I got misgendered in front of Alluka when we went grocery shopping," Kurapika explained, hearing his voice crack.

He felt Leorio pull him into a hug.

"I'm sorry sunshine. Don't worry about Alluka. She doesn't care if someone is trans, all she cares about is if you're a good person or nod," Leorio explained.

Kurapika only nodded in response, pulling Leorio closer.

Leorio started rubbing Kurapika's back.

"Wanna talk about it?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika shook his head.

Leorio nodded and kissed the crown of Kurapika's head.

"Get some rest, you need it."

Kurapika nodded and relaxed, letting himself fall asleep.