Chapter 19

Kurapika's p.o.v.

Kurapika stared at the ceiling. He knew his eyes were red. He was frustrated at himself. He didn't know why. Maybe it was because he let Leorio take him on a date. Maybe it was because He let Leorio get to his heart. Maybe it was because-

"What time is it?" Leorio groggily asked.

Kurapika looked at the digital clock to his right. It read 6:30. It was a weekend, so Leorio didn't have to go to school. "Go back to sleep," Kurapika said. He wanted Leorio to sleep in.

Leorio shook his head.

"Your eyes. What's wrong?" He asked.

Kurapika sighed. "I don't want to talk about it."

Kurapika flinched when Leorio wrapped an arm around him.

"That's okay," Leorio said, kissing the back of Kurapika's neck. Kurapika nodded and placed his hand on Leorio's.

"Thank you," Kurapika said.

"For what?" Leorio asked

"For being here. For taking care of me. Making sure I'm comfortable. Thank you," Kurapika said, holding back tears.

"You're welcome," Leorio mumbled. Kurapika smiled and listened as Leorio fell asleep.

When Kurapika opened his eyes, he could see light shining through the windows. He sat up, confused about when he fell back asleep. Looking next to him, Leorio was still asleep, snoring away.

-

Kurapika got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed some bread and toasted it. While his bread was toasting, he pulled out some strawberry jam.

He jumped when the toast popped up.

Kurapika struggled to take the toast out of the toaster. Once he did, he plated it and spread the jam on his toast.

Kurapika walked to the couch and sat down. He turned the TV on and his favourite movie, How To Train Your Dragon, was playing.

It was Leorio who insisted on Kurapika having toast with some sort of topping. Kurapika smiled as he thought of the tall man. They made his heart flutter.

Kurapika set his plate on the coffee table and intensely watched as Hiccup and Toothless started becoming friends. It was his favourite scene, and he had the song for the scene, Forbidden Friendship, in his playlist.

Kurapika giggled and flapped his hands when Toothless touched Hiccup's hand with his snout.

"Awww, that's adorable," Came a voice. Kurapika summoned his chains and flung his arm out, extending the chain with the ball on it to wrap around the person. He turned to face the person and relaxed.

"I forgot you lived with me," Kurapika said, getting rid of his chains.

"Sorry for scarin' ya sunshine," Leorio laughed.

Kurapika sighed. He could've killed Leorio, yet they were laughing about it.

He sat back on the couch and continued watching the movie. Leorio sat next to Kurapika, who leaned into him. Kurapika wrapped his arms around Leorio's torso. Leorio wrapped an arm around Kurapika's shoulders.

"Sunshine, what... what are we?" Leorio asked.

"Fuck buddies. Flings. Whatever it's called." Kurapika thought for a moment. "Maybe friends with benefits," Kurapika said.

"I was hoping, we could be..." Kurapika felt Leorio's chest heave. "Boyfriends? I just, can't imagine my life without you in it, and if it's okay with you, would you be my boyfriend? I-" Leorio took a deep breath and removed his arm from Kurapika "-I know we've only been on one date, but I want to take you on more." Kurapika could feel Leorio start to panic.

"Sure. I'd love to be your boyfriend," Kurapika said, grabbing Leorio's hand and kissing the back of it.

He felt Leorio kiss the top of his head, which made Kurapika's heart melt.

Now Leorio had his heart.