Chapter 23

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio walked to their bedroom and sat on the bed. Kurapika was still asleep. He checked his phone and his heart dropped.

Killua and Alluka got kicked out this morning.

Leorio shook Kurapika awake.

Kurapika sat up. "What's wrong?" he asked, his voice groggy.

"Two of my friends got kicked out and need a place to stay. Can they stay here?" Leorio asked.

"Give me some time to have coffee, and then we'll talk about it," Kurapika said. Leorio nodded.

They both walked to the kitchen, Kurapika in front.

Leorio sat at the island and watched Kurapika make coffee.

"Stop staring at my ass," Kurapika said as he poured his coffee into a mug.

Leorio immediately looked at the ceiling. They heard Kurapika let out an annoyed sigh. Leorio chuckled and looked at Kurapika, who was sitting across from them.

"So, tell me about your friends," Kurapika said.

Leorio cleared his throat. "Well, they're siblings, Killua and Alluka. Killua uses he him, and Alluka uses she her. Killua is a grade below me, and Alluka is in her first year of college," Leorio added. He hummed and drummed his fingers on the island.

"Anything else? Like medications, medical history, accommodations?" Kurapika asked.

"Killua won't eat red peppers, and he's autistic, so he might be a bit more... reactive? I'm not sure what to say because he masks it pretty well." Leorio paused. "Alluka takes estrogen because her body doesn't make enough. They both get car sick too," Leorio said. He pulled out his phone as it buzzed.

Killua: Hey, can we stay with you?

Leorio: Yeah, gimmie a sec. Send me your location

Killua shared his location

"I think Killua is getting impatient. we should get him," Leorio said, sending Killua a text saying Kurapika needed to get dressed.

Leorio watched as Kurapika walked to their bedroom while a new text came in. It was the eye roll emoji from Killua.

Alluka's p.o.v.

Alluka continued to nibble on her chocolate croissant as her big brother furiously typed away on his phone.

"Big brother, you should eat," Alluka worried.

Her big brother nodded and put his phone away. He started eating his ham and Swiss croissant when Alluka felt her phone buzz.

She pulled her phone out and smiled.

"Leorio and Kurapika will be here soon," Alluka said.

Her big brother nodded and stood up. Alluka stood up and pushed her seat in. She grabbed her stuff and walked to the cafe door and sat on a bench with her big brother following her.

"Keep watch and wake me when Leorio gets here."

Alluka nodded as she felt her big brother lean on her and fall asleep.

As she watched the cars, a hearse pulled up, and Leorio stepped out of the drivers seat. Alluka's face scrunched up in confusion.

"When did you get a hearse?" She asked.

"It's Kurapika's." Leorio looked at her big brother, and they ruffled her big brother's hair. Her big brother jolted awake and punched Leorio in the stomach. Alluka couldn't help but giggle. "Come on, let's go," Leorio said as he regained his composure.

Alluka nodded and walked to the hearse.

Leorio opened the back to reveal bench-like seats with seatbelts. Alluka climbed in and sat down, her big brother sitting across her. Alluka placed her stuff on the floor and leaned against the wall after buckling in.

"Everyone buckled in?" Leorio asked.

"Yes," her big brother huffed.

The car started, and the drive was long and quiet, mostly due to her and her big brother being tired.

Once they got to a building, which Alluka concluded was an apartment complex, she picked her stuff up and waited for Leorio to open the back doors so she could get out.

"Thank you," Alluka murmured to Leorio. He nodded and the three followed a blond, which Alluka assumed was Kurapika, into the building.

"Leorio, can you show them their room?" Kurapika asked as they got to Kurapika's apartment.

His voice was higher than Alluka expected.

"Yeah. You go make yourself some coffee," Leorio said, placing a kiss on the top of the blond's head.

Alluka looked at her big brother, who didn't seem to notice the act of affection. If he did, he didn't care to comment on it.

Once Alluka determined Kurapika was out of earshot, she spoke up; "You didn't tell him I'm trans, right?"

"I told him you take estrogen because he asked about medications, but I told him it's because your body doesn't make enough. I think he saw through me. Hopefully he won't say anything," Leorio said.

"Did you tell him about Nanika?" Alluka asked. They reached the room, so Alluka and Killua unpacked their stuff.

"I forgot they existed. We haven't talked in a while," Leorio said.

Alluka nodded.

"If Kurapika finds out I'm trans, will he kick us out?" Alluka worried.

Leorio snorted. "He doesn't give two shits about being trans or not, all he cares is that you're not a shitty person."

Alluka relaxed.

"Thank you. I'm going to try and get some sleep," Alluka said. Leorio nodded and walked out.

She noticed a small bathroom attached to the bedroom, so she walked in and changed into some Hello Kitty pajamas.

She walked out to see her big brother walk out of the closet in a black tank top and a pair of shorts he most likely stole from Gon.

"I'm taking a nap."

"Me too. Sleep well Alluka."

Alluka nodded and tucked herself in. She quickly fell asleep.